AOD problems/swap questions

osucarguy

After putting new oil pan gasket in my 93 5.0 T-bird my dad and I both forgot to double check the TV cable connection. 10 miles later we found the problem and discovered no more O/D. So i have two questions. I have at my disposal a 91 S/C which I have been told supposedly has an AOD. Will this trans work with the 5.0 or is it a different bolt pattern. Also, is the any easier fix than rebuilding the whole transmission or is it toast. Any recommendations for rebuilders near Oklahoma.

Thanks for the help,

James

osucarguy said:
After putting new oil pan gasket in my 93 5.0 T-bird my dad and I both forgot to double check the TV cable connection. 10 miles later we found the problem and discovered no more O/D. So i have two questions. I have at my disposal a 91 S/C which I have been told supposedly has an AOD. Will this trans work with the 5.0 or is it a different bolt pattern. Also, is the any easier fix than rebuilding the whole transmission or is it toast. Any recommendations for rebuilders near Oklahoma.

Thanks for the help,

James

its a direct swap as far as the tranny goes. same bolt pattern as your 5.0 and everything. Wiring is the same its just a bolt in and go

Are you sure the tranny in the 5.0 is toast? If you didn't try hooking the TV cable back up (and making sure it was set properly) I would do that before swapping the tranny. Driving without it will kill the tranny, but 10-miles without it may not have. Swapping out the tranny is not something I would want to do unless I had to. (It was a big enough pain to do it when I had to...)

Yeah, I hooked the cable back up. There was nothing to adjust though, I only unhooked it from the throttle body, no where else, so as to be able to get the chain on for the hoist. I was changing oil pan gasket.

Back