South west burbs of Chicago (mini meet)

scbird1

Just thought I would post this here to anyone that wishes to attend a mini meet at Arrowhead Lake 135 and Harlem on Sunday at 1:00 PM 8/19/06.
I think we have about 10 people so far. Mostly SC`s but any make is welcome.

Well I would come but my SC's are down now. How about another meet sometime in September or October? I should have my car running by then.

Meet

The weather was great and it was cool to so the T - Birds/S.C.'s and the rest there today. We need to do this again guys. Thanks, it was nice to meet you all.

It was a nice day and bunch of nice t-birds ,blown mark 8 and LT4 camaro showed up.It was fun to meeting all of you and I'm looking forward having another one.

Derek

Derek you forgot about the blown civic!!!!! I felt like Paul Walker driving that thing all it needs is some nawz. Then again, it was more then likely faster then my bird. Cool to see the guys again, and meet some new ones.
Phil

What about that guy in that loud slomaro. Geeze some wreck it for others.
Was it realy that loud?

Meeting

I have a location in mind just off Harlem Ave and 87th Street in Bridgeview.

At Lindy's and Gerties on 87th just WEST of Harlem and EAST of Oketo?

We could do Arrowhead Lake again? This time closer to the lake or where we parked on the hill?

Be sure to check out the pics from the meeting in the South West Suburbs meeting thread too.

Last edited:
1st, please PLEASE stop using boldface type.

2nd. no on the lindy's

3rd. like i said on tccoa whats there to do at arrowhead? i need to be entertained.

Well in a few weeks my car should be done again. Let me know where and we can meet always great to see you guys! Tim

Sounds great Tim, would love to check out your car. Keith now if its entertainment you need I will bring a table, chair, beer and a stripper. :D
Here I thought these cars were entertainment enough. No no not Hooters again! Well the progress on the 96LX has been a nightmare as the carpet had to be taken out and pressure washed. :eek: It runs great but the trans fluid looks more tan then red. Needs a body shop bad as it was a sideswipe special. Green just isn`t my color but its growing on me as a new paint job might not be worth it. The blower for the heat and air works sometimes. Dose anyone know what might be the cause? Dose not have climate control.

scbird1 said:
What about that guy in that loud slomaro. Geeze some wreck it for others.
Was it realy that loud?
Mark your LT4 is so quiet:eek::D That m... fu.. screams at WOT. Got any tickets yet?

Meet

VicRattlehead said:
1st, please PLEASE stop using boldface type.

2nd. no on the lindy's

3rd. like i said on tccoa whats there to do at arrowhead? i need to be entertained.

1. I'll use boldface as I please.

2. Just because you don't want to go there, why would you expect everyone else refuse to?

3. Entertained?

Burbank95sc said:
Mark your LT4 is so quiet:eek::D That m... fu.. screams at WOT. Got any tickets yet?

No tickets as I make sure that all is clear like a shuttle launch before the blast:D

Ron, you must understand Keith as a moderator and a tbird fanatic. He knows the birds forward and backwards and he likes the hooters girls. Who dosen`t but he`s just messing with you. Right Keith?

So Phil, you wanna race next time your out this way. I think it might be good. I'm putting it the dyno soon, so we'll see what its got.

1FASTSC said:
Why would I like it? I like fast cars =)

Now don't go judging a book by it's cover. The ones that look beat up on the outside seem to always have good stuff inside. Besides, its my ebay budget go-fast racer. $3100 total spent, counting car, and goodies inside and out.

Last edited:
Alyn, without a doubt ill run that car for fun. Maybe we could line up like in Fast and the Furious, "it's exactly a quarter mile to that railroad crossing, on green Im going for it." I dunno when the next time ill be in town Im down at IU and Ive kind of been doing a lot of "studying" Good luck at the next meet guys good to meet you all too.
Phil

Back