Mass air meter mod

if your refering to the resisters they sell on ebay, stay far away from them... especially on a forced induction setup. I believe it "fools" the computer into runing a leaner AF mixture which could be very dangerous

shawpdx1 said:
yeah thats the one radium have you done it? is it worth it

No it is not worth it. If you are interested, MAF are not that expensive to get. That would definately be your better option.

Otherwise, with this mod, you could end up running lean and that's not good on a forced induction engine...

I would be interested ,Im just wanting to know if this is going to make a noticeable differance , is this going to be a snow ball deal like then I'll need bigger injectors ect not that im not planning on doing this just not ready yet ..

If your car is an 89 or 90, it has a 55mm maf unless someone else has already changed it. Some of the 91s had 55mm as well and sometime in 91, they switched to 70mm. The 73mm is a good bit bigger than the 55mm and is slightly bigger than the 70mm. The stock throttle body however is 60mm. Anytime you can increase airflow, you will gain some horsepower.

If you changed mafs, you would not need to change injectors as this mafs is set up for the stock 30# injectors. Removing the air silencer will help as well, if you haven't already done that. I see you have a 92, so you should have a 70mm maf on it.

I had a modified MAF on my 93 just like the article. It ran richer than factory, not leaner. Its my understanding that drilling out the sample tube runs more air over the sensing elements making the computer add more fuel to go with the percieved increase in air. I got bad gas mileage with it, but my seat of the pants throttle response felt better. In all its not worth the hassle.

Back