Completely Stumped! Please HELP!!!!!!!

bluecoupe5spd

I have a 94 SC 5 speed and I cannot figure out what's wrong with it for the life of me. First thing's first. When I start it up when its cold it idles at about 1500 rpms and goes down to 1000 after about a minute. When I'm driving and I push in the clutch the rpms only drop to about 1000, but as soon as I come to a complete stop, they drop to normal idle after the car has warmed up a bit. This happens all the time. Next, my check engine light comes on every so often and when it does the car really acts up. It seems like it acts up more often when it's warmer and humid out, but it will still do it in the cold too. If I'm accelerating as soon as I hit the clutch, the rpms shoot up anywhere from 3 to 600 rpms. Now, I'm no expert but as far as I knew when you clutch, as long as your foot is off the gas the rpms should fall almost immediately. When this first started I had the computer scanned and got codes for the MAF and the TPS which I replaced. This didn't fix anything and now the car wont throw up any codes. Just recently I replaced the Idle Air Control with an OE from the dealer. Could my BAP sensor be a problem? I'll take any suggestions. I've been struggling with this for over a year. It's extremely aggravating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is normal for it to stay at 1000 rpm until you come to a complete stop. You say when you changed the TPS and MAF it has stopped setting codes. So that means you fixed whatever was setting codes. We need more information on the RPM going up when you put in the clutch. Maybe a sticking or slow reacting throttle cable. It doesn't sound like a ECU problem to me. Later
Danny

Back