PDA

View Full Version : Wtb: 1995 4.6 in or around Central Florida

RickM
08-21-2006, 11:05 AM
While searching for a SC I came across a very nice 95 Cougar with a blown 4.6. I am in the market for a good running 4.6 to put this car back on the road. From what I have found it has to come from a 95 Bird or Cougar. LMK what you have. Prefer it to be in the Central Florida area as shipping wouldn't make this cost effective.

Post here or email me with what you have. I need to get this car going in the next 2 weeks. Damrons has a couple in stock and will deliver to my dealership. I'd prefer to buy from a member here and support the hobby.

email: xlranger at aol.com

ufdb
08-21-2006, 06:11 PM
Ahhhh, Umatilla....home of the world-famous "Umatilla Steve"....

I think you'd have better luck finding a 4.6 on the thunderbird site (TCCoA) if you havent already tried there. Good luck!

redstreak
08-21-2006, 08:13 PM
Actually I was looking for one myself, when I came across a totaled lsc mk VIII. Would have bought it but I don't have another engin stand nor room in my garage. Not to mention my wife may have a few things to say about it also. But as it stood he offrerd it to me, engen, trans, harness, and computer for 1500, and that was last Febuary and its still sitting there behind his shop in Titusville, FL Brevard County. PM me if you are interested. Keep In mind also I work offshore And I will not be home until Friday night the 25th of August. 1500, pulled with all I would have needed to put in my 91sc also the car only had about 80k on it when it was totaled. I can find out more when I get home Or maybe send my wife over there to talk to the guy but she really isn't into the "car" thing at the moment.

RickM
08-22-2006, 07:37 AM
Actually I was looking for one myself, when I came across a totaled lsc mk VIII. Would have bought it but I don't have another engin stand nor room in my garage. Not to mention my wife may have a few things to say about it also. But as it stood he offrerd it to me, engen, trans, harness, and computer for 1500, and that was last Febuary and its still sitting there behind his shop in Titusville, FL Brevard County. PM me if you are interested. Keep In mind also I work offshore And I will not be home until Friday night the 25th of August. 1500, pulled with all I would have needed to put in my 91sc also the car only had about 80k on it when it was totaled. I can find out more when I get home Or maybe send my wife over there to talk to the guy but she really isn't into the "car" thing at the moment.

Thanks for the offer!
I'd rather just put it back together stock and save the hassles of any bugs that might come out with this swap. If I were to keep the car as a toy I'd be all over the MKVII setup, however the actual cash value of a 95 XR7 isn't a whole lot and I have enough toys.

rbrown
08-23-2006, 11:25 PM
A 2002 Exploder motor would be a great upgrade.

Basically the same motor. A few parts you have to source off a 97 V8, but better in the long run.