Help Identify Plenum/blower

442guy

Ok how can I tell If I bought my 93 with a 94/94 blower already installed.
I had a first gen blower /plenum in the trunk with other spare parts and the guy did not know much except the engine was new.
The plenum on the car has two vacuum fittings coming out toward the front of the engine, as you follow the airflow along the top of the plenum from the throttle body toward the intake, the two fittings Face toward teh front of the car. The 93 blower that was in the trunk had a plenum with no fittings in that area.
I'll be taking the blower off eventually to port and install a larger TB but I need to know before I BUY a 94 or an s port, I thinks this is a late model Blower!!!

442guy said:
Ok how can I tell If I bought my 93 with a 94/94 blower already installed.
I had a first gen blower /plenum in the trunk with other spare parts and the guy did not know much except the engine was new.
The plenum on the car has two vacuum fittings coming out toward the front of the engine, as you follow the airflow along the top of the plenum from the throttle body toward the intake, the two fittings Face toward teh front of the car. The 93 blower that was in the trunk had a plenum with no fittings in that area.
I'll be taking the blower off eventually to port and install a larger TB but I need to know before I BUY a 94 or an s port, I thinks this is a late model Blower!!!

The port is square versus oval from a 93 to 94

Yes I know this But I have to take it off to see that, I was thinking I could tell by the differences in teh intake plenum.,... ANYONE?

I don't think there is a good way to tell from the top. You could measure the pully and look up the dimentions. Or you could just take the top off and see if there are coated roters inside.

Pull the darn two bolts off and look!

Or perhaps someone will have a picture for ya...Or you can do a search and find a picture:O)

I have a 94 blower/plenum on my 90. The vacuum fittings you describe are like my 94 plenum. I can't say for sure that only 94-95 plenums are like that though I think you do have the 94-95 blower. I can't do pics, lol. John

Plenum

You cant go by the Vacuum line design to tell the blower
( i made that mistake)

I bought one off ebay with vacuum routing same as the 94/95 blowers
I thought I was getting a deal at 285.00 plus shipping

Needless to say when It arrived It indeed had the vacuum lines same as the 94/95 Blowers BUT........ It was a 89-93 Style blower with oval opening
I suspect that these came on Late 93 Cars when they where getting ready to transfer to to new style

Last edited:
Here is a pic of a 94/95 blower I bought off ebay. Dont know if it helps but its all I got.

Attachments

• blower.jpg
    blower.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 87
Pulled it off , everything the top Ic tube, top and blower/plenum

OLD STYLE... will be selling asap

the good news is it was like brandy new.

Back