Check Valve

rickbtbird

Ok, two week have gone by and I still can't find one. I tired Rock auto and what I got was about two sizes too small. Went to the ford dealer and they asked me if it came off of a chevy (LMAO).. anybody know what it's called and where I can get one. Mine is split in two.

Last edited:
Go to the junkyard and look under the hood of any late model Crown Vic, most of the ones Ive seen have this or one similar. I have one like it that has three additional outputs, I just plugged them and went on with it.

7birdslater said:
Go to the junkyard and look under the hood of any late model Crown Vic, most of the ones Ive seen have this or one similar. I have one like it that has three additional outputs, I just plugged them and went on with it.
That's the best idea I've heard yet.

darkstar_one said:
its a check valve, stops the boost from going beyond that point into the cruise control servo i believe...
It’s most defiantly a check valve. Beyond the check valve it goes to a splitter, one line going to the cruse control and the other, who knows. I think the check valve keeps some vacuum pressure "in check" on the line beyond the valve. For now I put some fittings on the smaller one I got in the mail today and it seems to be doing the job.

Check valve for sure, if you hook your bypass valve up to the wrong side of it, you will only be able to pull 1PSI of boost, and if you hook your vac guage up to that same side, you will see vacuum all the time, even though the engine is under boost. Strange stuff that I had to learn the hard way.

Back