95 Super Coupe - Help

JasonBr

I been looking at this 95 SC, Pearl White this thing looks immaculate for its age. The interior and leather is almost flawless, paint is beautiful.

HOWEVER!
It has an engine problem, I know its hard to diagnos on net but...
It start runs and drives fine, it just wont "go" when you step on it.
Doesnt build any power.
Is there any common problem that it could be?

I really want this car but not if im gonna have to dump thousands into it to get it to run right.

Any ideas?

Also I was told this was a special "sport" edition only 1200 made, any truth to that? Dont matter to me this car is beautiful for its age. Providing the engine isnt shot.

is the check engine light on?

maybe its the MAF?

head to autozone they can put it on the computer for free and see if any codes come up

Yeah, I'd get it scanned for codes if you can before buying. If it doesn't want to "go", there is something wrong. Good luck.

JasonBr said:
I really want this car but not if im gonna have to dump thousands into it to get it to run right.

Uh...if your wanting to buy an SC....plan on "Dumping" money into it....These cars are rarely plug-n-play...They are not wallet friendly...you will spend money on it...you gotta love these cars and not mind what they cost you...if you dont like that dont buy it...

Sorry i misspoke :)
I dont want to spend thousands just to be able to pull out of the driveway. :)

My other car is a 06 Mustang GT, and Ive already been bit by the Mod Bug with it.

On that note i do own an SCTx2, I should be able to read any codes with it right???

JasonBr said:
Sorry i misspoke :)
I dont want to spend thousands just to be able to pull out of the driveway. :)

My other car is a 06 Mustang GT, and Ive already been bit by the Mod Bug with it.

On that note i do own an SCTx2, I should be able to read any codes with it right???

Only if the X2 can read OBD-1 codes, most likely it's OBD-2 only.

problem

the cats could be stopped up. does the boost come up when you mash the throttle? that tuner will only read the mustang, they are set for that particular car.
also the mustang is very sensetive to mods the slightest little thing will make them do crazy things.

Last edited:
Well checked the car out, its a bad rod.
The guy is willing to take another $600 bucks off.

The car is in pristine shape (other than engine)
Just unsure if I want to undertake this project or not, what you think im looking at to get it fixed at a smaller shop. $1000 or so?

No, but the owner of the car took the car to the dealer yesterday.
And when I talked to him today, thats what he said the dealer told him.

How the hell is the dealer supposed to know without tearing into the engine?

I seriously think you should take it to your own mechanic and have them diagnose it before you go any further.

Dealers know next to nothing about these cars. More than likely they took one look at it and didn't have a clue and just threw out "bad rod" figuring the guy wouldn't know any better. At that point they figure he'll junk the car and he's out of their hair or they can sell him a new engine.

Back