My automatictransmission to pass! help!!

Marcel SWISS

my automatictransmission have a problem!:confused:
not always but sometimes my automatictranmission to pass (no transmission) and my engine turns up to 3000 rpm without bringing up to speed (also standing), and than when it falls down to 2000 rpm
my automatictransmission give me a knock and the tires make a burn out!
i chanche at next Friday the automatictransmissionoil and the filter. i hope it is than better but my automatictransmission was chanched at 3 years ago! it was a stock automatictransmission with 30000 miles
if you know the problem or problems like my problem, so please give me a answere!:eek:

Last edited:
Maybe some "reading between the lines"...

I'm from the South (which means I have trouble with regular English ;) ), but I'll give this a try...

Are you saying that the engine revs up to around 3000rpm when you get on the gas to pass another car? Then, it drops back down to around 2000rpm? That sounds like the AOD (automatic overdrive transmission) is kicking down from OD to 3rd as you accelerate, and then back to OD after the pass is made. That is the way it is supposed to work. (Sometimes called "passing gear".) If you get on the gas and the AOD lets loose so that the RPM's shoot up to the redline, but the tranny isn't pulling, then you have a worn out overdrive band.
I'm not sure I understand the "my automatictransmission give me a knock and the tires make a burn out" part of the description :confused: .

I may not be understanding any part of the description, but it doesn't sound like a problem to me...

High reving when shifting for an automatic is not a good sign. If you have your accelerator to the floor, letting off a little usually helps the transmission shift.

If you have an AOD transmission, it could be the TV cable, an arm that connects the transmission to the throttle on the passenger side of the engine compartment near the firewall. It needs to be adjusted correctly or it can quickly ruin a transmission.

When you change the transmission oil, you will need to drain the torque converter to get most of the oil. There is only about 4-5 quarts in the transmission pan.

It sounds like your OD (overdrive) band is going in your transmission. When you change your oil, examine it to see if there are particles suspended in the oil. Those are friction material from the transmission's bands.

the sound from the automatictransmission is normaly and it´s makes only when you stand on the cross (stoplight) and i will drive away!#

i hope you know me but my english is very very ..... BAD:confused:

The way I read his post, he is saying that he steps on the gas and the trans nuetrals, allowing the engine to rev up to 3000RPM then it suddenly engages, drops to 2000RPM and causes the tires to spin. He is planning to change the fluid on friday and hopes it helps the problem.

Paul

ok wenn ich von der kreuzung wegfahren will und ein wenig gas gebe dreht der motor hoch aber es hat den anschein das die automatic durchgeht nachdem die drehzahl gefallen ist (ca. 2000 rpm) gibt es einen schlag und die automatik greift und die räder gehen durch. da ich automechaniker bin kenne ich das nur wenn zuwenig öl oder der filter verstopft ist oder eine pumoe in der automatik nicht mehr ausrreichend arbeitet vielleicht hat jemand anderer eine ähnliche erfahrung gemacht wäre froh um eine antwort!:)

Check and make sure the "TV cable" (which is the "throttle valve cable" for the automatic trasmission).

The name of the transmission is "Ford AOD" (AOD is automatic overdrive) transmission, if the name might help you search German language help over the internet...

Look in the picture, the area I circled in red is the TV cable. Sometimes when they get old, the cable can fall off and the transmission will not work correctly.

If the cable falls off, and is driven too much, the transmission will be ruined, and require a rebuild and cost lots of money.

Check this first, to be sure the cable has not fallen off.

Attachments

• IM000156.JPG
    IM000156.JPG
    310.1 KB · Views: 50
Dies dürfte von niedriger flüssiger Höhe, oder ein verstopfter Filter verursacht worden. Wenn Sie ableiten, und füllt die Übertragung nach, füllt die flüssige Höhe nur ein kleines über der VOLLEN Markierung auf dem Stock nach. Machen Sie auch gewiss, dass die kleine Dichtung auf dem Filter in der passenden Position ist.

Ich entschuldige mich, wenn diese Übersetzung nicht gut ist.

I hope this makes sense....

Was ist die Bedingung von der Flüssigkeit? Ist es sehr dunkel? Riecht es, wie es verbrannt hat? Dies würde einen inneren Ausfall anzeigen. Die Flüssigkeit soll rot und klar sein. Wenn Sie die Pfanne fallen lassen, Kontrolle für Stückmetalle oder anderen Abfall. Dort immer wird ein wenig Ablagerung sein, aber soll dort zu viel nicht sein.

even though i live close to the german border, I stay in English.

Sounds like your OD band is worn out, or will fail you soon. I have the same problems with my AOD, even though it was rebuilt 40K KM ago....

ist ein magnet in der ölwanne? (bei mercedes benz ist ein magnet drinnen da ich dort arbeite weiss ich das) wenn nicht dann kann ich einén einbauen hab sowas lagernd so ist der filter nicht so schnell verstopft! morgen am abend kann ich mehr sagen!

Last edited:
die flüssigkeit bei mercedes benz ist nie rot (nur beim erneuern ist sie rot)sondern immer braun (nach ca. 1000km wenn man sie erneuert hat)

Back