AOD rebuild in Dallas/Ft Worth

LoneStarSC

My tranny is failing fast, and I would like to get it fixed before it dumps my on the side of the road.

Can anyone recommend a good place here in the DFW area to either rebuild my transmission or install a new one that I might buy online?

Do you have to break the motor free to swap these trannies, or is there enough room to just slide it back and off? I might try swaping them myself....

LoneStarSC said:
My tranny is failing fast, and I would like to get it fixed before it dumps my on the side of the road.

Can anyone recommend a good place here in the DFW area to either rebuild my transmission or install a new one that I might buy online?

Do you have to break the motor free to swap these trannies, or is there enough room to just slide it back and off? I might try swaping them myself....

Transmission can be changed without pulling the motor. But it will be necessary to remove the starter and exhaust, unbolt the drive shaft from the pumpkin and unbolt the pumpkin from it's mounting points and lower it enough to slide the drive shaft over the top of the pumpkin in order to remove it from the rear of the transmission.

The alternative to lowering the pumpkin, is to remove the fuel tank which IMO is a much bigger pain in the @ss.

David

Its not too bad. I just did my trans a few months ago. I used a lift and put a trans jack under the gas tank, and lowered it just enough to let the driveshaft slide back. I didnt unhook anything from it. That, and pulling the complete exhaust, starter and crossmember and your there. Took me a day and a half taking my time and B.Sing the whole time.

Back