PDA

View Full Version : Car Inspection 95 5Speed.

rickbtbird
08-24-2006, 11:41 AM
Tomorrow I'll be going to inspect the 1995 Thunderbird SC I put a deposit on. If all goes well I'll be driving her back home. I have a few inspection points I want to go through before I put the final payment on it. I'm looking for some additional suggestions. Are there any specific inspection points I should look for on a 95 5speed?
Thanks in advance.

XxSlowpokexX
08-25-2006, 12:21 AM
94-95's seem to hold up rust wise pretty well but check the rear quarters and front floorboards.

Check for bad motor mounts

Suspension wise check strut rod bushings and basically all of the balljoint boots.
Any clunking in the suspension is something wrong be it a control arm or whatnot.
Check for oil spray around snout seal of blower..

Check transmission engagement and clutch grab...

I'd take it for an enthusiastic run on teh highway to see if it overheat sunder boost

Basically check what you would on any car you purchase

rickbtbird
08-28-2006, 07:53 AM
It's been 4 days since I've been on the board. I flew out of Bradley in Hartford, CT to Gainesville, FL. I purchased the car and drove it back. 1995 White Ford Thunderbird SC 5speed. Hopefully I'll be able to post some picks and talk about a few issues over the next couple of days. Later.

rickbtbird
08-28-2006, 09:27 AM
I took a few snapshot this morning. It's been raining for 3 days in Connecticut so there's no sun. Each on has a bra. Don't mind the loosley fitted Cover Craft Bra on the 95. I could get it to fit right and I think I might be sending it back. Enjoy.

XxSlowpokexX
08-28-2006, 11:16 AM
Goodluck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rickbtbird
08-28-2006, 05:04 PM
Goodluck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks... I had to go over the George Washington Bridge on my way back. They charge me $6.00 to cross the bridge and the dam road afterwards was so bumpy I think I lost a filling.