little bearing

coupeCorona

alright here we go again, there is a littlw bearing in the back of the motor in the end of the crankshaft. the motor is an 89 stick and i am putting it in an 94 auto, i take it that the bearing was for the stick tranny but i dont know how to get it out? with it in the motor wont butt up to the tranny now. so i have to take it out so the little nob that sticks out from the torque converter slides in the hole in back of the crankshaft.

any help will be great, i dont kniow if they make anything to take out that bearing or not.

There is a tool for the job but not really needed.
Pack the bearing with greese and insert a shaft or round bar into the bearing and the greese will push the bearing out.
You are correct, the bearing needs to come out for an automatic tranny.

thanks

hey thanks alot but i think i am going to use the right tool. plus i think i might need it in the future so why not buy it! i love this site

thanks chris

also that is one hell of a mustang nice work!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
hmmm

coupeCorona said:
hey thanks alot but i think i am going to use the right tool. plus i think i might need it in the future so why not buy it! i love this site

thanks chris

also that is one hell of a mustang nice work!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go to autozone and rent their puller for the pilot bearing. You'll also need to ask for the slide hammer to go with it. The attachment slides in, hooks onto 2 sides of the bearings and then you slowly hammer it out. And you get all your money back when you return it.

Back