hesitation and bogging at low rpms

x182dan

So I went to the track the other night which was 1.5hr away. The car drove up there fine, did well on the runs, never came close to overheating or anything out of the normal. Then about a quarter to the way home it started bucking at low rpms. Around 2300 it would clear up and be like normal and have great power like normal. I also noticed that when it bucked the exhaust note changed and the boost gauge shook with the bucking. I then took the car out today and the car didn't seem to be nearly as bad but about 15-20mins into the ride the car started bucking just as bad as it did before. Any ideas?mafs or something worse? I should also add that the car idles fine revs fine, if I even hold the rev at around 2grand it won't buck but in gears it does.

hmmmm... when is the last time ya changed your plugs and wires?

Under a load and it bucks (misfires) but free revving in neutral/park is no problem..... sounds like plugs, wires or possibly a weak DIS or coil pack.

XR7inWI said:
hmmmm... when is the last time ya changed your plugs and wires?

Under a load and it bucks (misfires) but free revving in neutral/park is no problem..... sounds like plugs, wires or possibly a weak DIS or coil pack.

the plugs have probably 5k on them. They are denso IT20. The wires I have no idea on. For the past couple of days now it has seemed fine but lets just see when I take it on a long ride

DamonSlowpokeBaumann said:
heat soak and timing retard perhaps?

IDK car never came close to overheating one bit. This is on the way home so the car had time to cool down it also bucked a little the next day but not as bad and today it seemed fine

well heres a little update:

Its been over a week now and sometimes the car is fine but sometimes its not. The idle sometimes is not perfect but other times it is. It doesn't seem to be affected if I am in boost or not only certain rpms. Last night it was so bad I had to floor it in first because of bogging and then all of a sudden it ripped forward. Could this be a vacuum issue? I just replaced the supercharger with a new one and I had to RVT the egr because I forgot to get another gasket. Could that be a problem?

well heres a little update:

Its been over a week now and sometimes the car is fine but sometimes its not. The idle sometimes is not perfect but other times it is. It doesn't seem to be affected if I am in boost or not only certain rpms. Last night it was so bad I had to floor it in first because of bogging and then all of a sudden it ripped forward. Could this be a vacuum issue? I just replaced the supercharger with a new one and I had to RVT the egr because I forgot to get another gasket. Could that be a problem?

It's important to make sure that the EGR is sealed properly, it'll give you a hard time otherwise.

Check the codes if 214 comes up in the memory codes replace the cam sensor. My car just did this and cam sensor took care of it. car seems to run better than ever now. To bad it rained this weekend coulda proved it runs better at the track.

holy batman this is an old thread of mine that you guys decided to bring back up. Well heres an update on the car, I SOLD it. The guy I sold it to traded it for a saturn daily driver, then that friend sold it to another friend who blew up the lower end.

Back