Engine dies under acceleration

WickedBird

i am having engine issues once again. The car starts and idles fine. At low speeds (1-2 gear) and low rpms it seems fine as well. However, at any speed high enough to drive or when accelerating, it runs horrible. It's hard to describe seeing as every problem seems to have the same relative symptoms. anyway, it has no power and almost seems to be missing or cutting out. It does have new plugs, wires, and coil. Also, this happened overnight, not gradually. any thoughts?

Definitely could be a fuel problem.

Every problem i have with the car has the same symptoms. so it could be an issue with spark, sensor, electrical, and pretty much everything else.

I don't know how else to describe it other than it runs like a piece of ~~~~. It idles fine and runs fine at slow speeds (i.e. parking lot speeds). otherwise it has no power, spits and sputters, and falls on its face when you hit the gas.

if you have access to a fuel pressure guages i would connect it and run the car to see what happens when the car acts up.

I will test the fuel system and see where that gets me.

As for the boost guage, I'll have to double check but I believe all the guages (speedo, tach, boost) drop as the car dies out.

My car would stutter when under boost until I would back out of it. Problem turned out to be the hose from the fuel pick up to the pump was split. Replaced it and was as good as new.

None2Slow said:
My car would stutter when under boost until I would back out of it. Problem turned out to be the hose from the fuel pick up to the pump was split. Replaced it and was as good as new.

in the tank?

so what should the pressure gage be reading/doing. Everything in the Haynes manual is good, but it doesn't give pressures when driving.

Pressure should be the same then add 1 or 2psi per lb of boost as it's boost referenced. Can't remember which one.

Back