rear trunk led question

95scfan

is the trunk led the same from the 89-93 as the 94-95? i have a 95 and need to find the trunk led and the guy has an 89-93 i believe

thanks
cody

yea...you can use a 92 and up deck "LID"...from 89 to 91...there wasn't as big of a a middle lip instead there was a small reflector strip across the rear connecting the tailamps then they actually divided the tailights and put a lip in the middle of the "LID"...I dont believe any of them were LED though...just regular lights...on the later models the whole lens actually lights up whi;e on the older models only the corners light up and the rest of the lens is just reflective...You can see the difference in my 89 and Jeremy V's 93 here...

Rick

:mad: frappin cat!!!

Attachments

• camera 038.jpg
    camera 038.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 51
  • jv.jpg
    jv.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Sweet90SC said:
yea...you can use a 92 and up deck "LID"...from 89 to 91...there wasn't a middle lip instead there was a small reflector strip across the rear connecting the tailamps then they actually divided the tailights and put a lip in the middle of the "LID"...I dont believe any of them were LED though...just regular lights...on the later models the whole lens actually lights up whi;e on the older models only the corners light up and the rest of the lens is just reflective...

Rick

Are you sure about that Rick? :eek: :p :D :rolleyes: Next time, let's barbeque instead of popcorn. Maybe wings or ribs. :D

Attachments

• DSC00693.JPG
    DSC00693.JPG
    28.3 KB · Views: 44
soory to hijack

but how can i replace worn out leds in my factory spoiler?

any good write ups?

Absolutely!!!!....not:eek:

Hey I was tellin Eddie I was gonna be goin up to visit my brother in SC so I thought I Might run up you guys way for a couple of days.... he invited me over to Headlights..:D ...Wings works for me!!!

You can buy the whole strip off e-bay...You mean in the LX wing right???..YOu know what Merlon I think I have a LED strip layin around here somewhere you can have...let me look for it...

Last edited:
well i emailed them

merlon,
Check with www.spoilersmart.com they have the OEM wing with the LED 3rd brake lights contact them about a new LED strip they aren't very expensive either.

they told me that the led strip in their wing wouldnt fit. spoilers $70, how much could it be to repaint?

all for some leds, has to be an easier way. replace them? soldier them on?

Merlon said:
they told me that the led strip in their wing wouldnt fit. spoilers $70, how much could it be to repaint?

all for some leds, has to be an easier way. replace them? soldier them on?

I dunno I opted not to put mine in when I did my wing...wont fit??? So much for OEM....As far as I know they are sealed...you might find a working one in the bone yard on an LX...which I had paint matched for 70 bucks

sweet idea

Sweet90SC said:
I dunno I opted not to put mine in when I did my wing...wont fit??? So much for OEM....As far as I know they are sealed...you might find a working one in the bone yard on an LX...which I had paint matched for 70 bucks

the strip isnt removable?

i see two screws...ill go see.

Back