40th Anniversary

Kirk Bryan

Does anybody know how many were made? Is there anything different other than the badging and two-tone?

Thanks

Hi, Kirk.

The best that I can offer you so far is this link. The 40th Anniversary Registry is trying to answer those and other questions. Shawn Swetsky is the webmaster and he might answer some of your questions. I am not aware of an actual number produced however yes they were all originally two tone with the silver decal applique. I hope this helps some.
My best to you.

Thanks Lance.

I was thinking that maybe they had a suede interior with the 40th emblam on the head rest; different colour interior; just something, but alas, all it is, is an LX with a badge and two-tone paint. Oh well.

Last edited:
my friend has a 40th.. i'll check it out in detail next time i see him.. also, the only thing i noticed at first glance was that it had interior lights embedded into the C-pillar.. i've never seen it on any other mn12 of any year.

WEll I thought I had posted this earlier....

The 40th Edition was just a sticker package.. for the lower part of the car.... They also had special floor mats, special emblems and thats really it. I had owned one for 2 years.. nothing really that special. It was a dealer add on, not factory.

Chris

Also in addition to sweetsc's post, a friend of mine runs a Ford dealership here in OK. He remembers getting a special notice just to dealers that if they were interested in selling the 40th's that they needed to contact Ford and request them. It was up to the dealer if they wanted to pass the information along to the public. He doesn't remember any advertisements about the 40th anniversary cars although there may have been some. Ford had a special facility do the cosmetics and then ship them to the requesting dealer. That is all I have found out so far about them. Still have feelers out though. I'll pass along any further information I learn to Shawn at the 40th anniversary Registry for his files.

Have a great weekend all.

Tazer999 said:
:p

so how come you stopped hangin out on ricecop?

i still do, i just haven't posted much.. vbulletin is always so damn slow for me, so i don't have the time to go through all the threads and read 'em.. ezboard was much faster for me.. but cable/dsl is coming soon, so that'll no longer be a problem.

plus i'm not at work and bored off my ass, which is why i don't post 5 new topics a minute :)

uhhh, i think it's been a while since YOU'VE visited then.. streetracer is an old troll.. back when we still used ezboard he was known as sentradriven and that's when he claimed to drive a V4, even after the weeks of us telling him 4 valves per cylinder does NOT mean a V4 engine :)

Back