MP Inlet Plenum Installation Questions

dklitzke

I have a ported S-model SC and MP inlet plenum ready to install, but when I lay the plenum next to the stock setup, it looks real intimidating of a task, things don;t look like they match up. Furthermore, the MP EGR piece is machined in such a way that you can't get one of the mounting bolts to thread into the hole. Think I'll contact MP and ask them to send me another one of those. Any help/advice anyone can give me on this installation will be greatly appreciated. I could not find a specific thread on this installation. Thanks.

1995 SCs, one 5-speed/one auto. Doing the 5-speed. The auto will eventually get a Super6 4.3 stroker and MP3 stuff.

Don

:D

As for the bolt...go to a local bolt supply house and pick up a bunch of socket cap 8mm x 1.25 pitch bolts measuring 25mm long. These have a smaller head on them and will allow them to fit properly.

As for the intake plenum....undo the four bolts, remove the old plenum, and bolt the mp one to the supercharger. If the supercharger has an oval style intake....then it's not a true S-port, but rather just a ported early style supercharger and if that's the case then the mp intake won't bolt to it.

You might want to try an allen head metric bolt and washer. You might need to grind down the side of the washer so the bolt can lay flat. They don't do a real good job machining the casting for the EGR adapter.

Jerry

I figured it out

:rolleyes:

Not having any pics, I was trying to install the EGR the wrong way. Called Charles and he helped mee out. Can't wait to see how it runs when I finish the installation.

Another question . . .

Well, I still haven't tackled this job yet of installing my new ported S-modle and MP inlet plenum. Question: how in the heck do you get the windshield wiper arms off so you can remove the cowl vent so you can get to the EGR bolts so you can remove and replace SC and inlet plenum? Such a minor thing but it's holding up progress. Thanks. Man where would we be without this sight.

There are clips on the bottom that slide out. They dont come all the way out. Put a screwdriver and pry it outwards while lifting on the arm. I had to use a crowbar rig job to pry mine off.

Finally got 'er done . . . . well almost

Cranked the SC tonight after finishing installation of the MP S-model and inlet plenum. She cranked right up but there was a miss. Upon inspection I found a loose vacuum hose that came off while I loosened and lifted the SC up enough to swap pulleys, which I should of done before installation. Trouble was I didn't have the right pulley. It's raining tonight and I didn't get the cowl vent and wipers on it so couldn't do a test run. With the ported SC, MP inlet plenum and a 10% aluminum pulley, I expect I'll feel a noticable difference in power :D !!

Grins!

:D :D :D

Yup, it pulls real good now! Now if I could just figure out how to get my car a photo-op on the web site. It's a real beauty, black '95 5-speed with under
26k garage kept miles. The only appearance enhancements are the clear corner lamps and meduim black tints. They make a black car look really good.

:D

Back