O2 Codes

shadow357x2

Ok, here we go again, Ive been having intermittant cel going on here and finally got around to scanning it.
Pulled code 11 on koeo test (all ok)
pulled codes 42,92 on the koer test, which in turn comes back as both left and right o2 sensors rnning rich.
Already change the o2's out and reset the kam. After a rescan I still have the same codes appearing.
Question is , 2 known good o2's installed (even pulled tem back out and ohmed them out. Could this be a ground problem or should I look elsewhere?

S

update

Personally I dont see both sensors going bad at the same time nor 2 new ones going out. the odds of that are way out of my league.
Ideas anyone?

S

Yup, already reset the kam. only thing I havent checked at this point is the hego 15 amp fuse to see if it has power. (umm pulled the fuse didnt check voltage) duhhh.
Ran a continuity check from the ecm harness to the wire conectors on both o2's and everything looks to be fine.
Im not exactly sure as to what will cause a rich condition in this case but when I get back at it this evening I wil check for voltage at the panel, I believe its fuse #9 if Im not misktaken.

S

If the o2 sensor is reading rich then there is probably to much fuel. Why replace the sensor just because it doesn't say what you want. That means my wife will be rid of me real soon! The problem is that the clown she replaces me with will probably say the same things she doesn't like unless she stops that new shoes every week habit. So you can see now that we have to find out why it is running rich, and when. Is it doing it when it is cold? Hot? When was the last time you cleaned the injectors? Checked the fuel Pressure? The fuel pressure regulators are known to start leaking fuel into the vacume line that is attached at the top. Don't fall for the teachings of the AUTO ZONE school of automotive diagnostics where they kill the messenger before they listen to the message. Good luck, and let us know what you find.:eek:
Danny

merkur said:
If the o2 sensor is reading rich then there is probably to much fuel. Why replace the sensor just because it doesn't say what you want. That means my wife will be rid of me real soon! The problem is that the clown she replaces me with will probably say the same things she doesn't like unless she stops that new shoes every week habit. So you can see now that we have to find out why it is running rich, and when.

Being that the o2 sensors have about 150k on them its time to replace them anyway. Why? because I wanted to. As to your personal life thats not my business what your wife does with you.:D

merkur said:
Is it doing it when it is cold? Hot? When was the last time you cleaned the injectors? Checked the fuel Pressure? The fuel pressure regulators are known to start leaking fuel into the vacume line that is attached at the top.

All is good as to the injectors, fuel pressure and the regulator.

merkur said:
Don't fall for the teachings of the AUTO ZONE school of automotive diagnostics where they kill the messenger before they listen to the message. Good luck, and let us know what you find.:eek:
Danny

I always shoot then ask questions, that way it gets rid of all the bs. I just wish we had lie data stream on these early models that way I could pick it out as it happens.

So when does it happen? Cold start? After it is hot? What is your fuel pressure? Did you pull the vac line off the regulator and start it to see if there was any fuel present? Do your injectors have 150,000 miles on them? If so they need to be manually cleaned. The proper way to clean the injectors is to take them off, back flush, and flush while inspecting for a uniform spray pattern, and turned off while pressurized to pinpoint any leakers. If you send them out to be cleaned and flowed they will tell you if they have any with a great variance in flow between them. A dirty maf will make it run rich also. You just have to kept searching. You'll find the culprit. Later
Danny

Ground wire on back of head

Have you checked the O2 ground wire that is connected to the back of the head? I pulled two O2 codes (left and right hego) because of that wire; it sits on the back drivers side head, around the area where the fuel rail bolts on the back of the head.

-B

Back