Ok, good thing I don't drive the SC yet.

Johnny_Squirrel

Since I do not yet have my SC insured or licensed I've been cleaning the crap out of it. Tonight I finally flushed my engine and got the DARK BLACK oil out of it and put in a new filter and 5W-30 Mobile Synthetic Blend oil. While I was running the engine to get the new oil flowing I listened to the supercharger again and heared it making kind of a grumbling sound. I quickly shut the engine off and unscrewed the plug on the charger to check the fluid level.

Lets just say even with a flashlight I didn't see anything. I think first thing tomorrow I'm going to go pick up a bottle of the super charger oil and get it filled before something bad actually happens to it. I just hope a seal didn't go out on it from it sitting so long.

Oh, and this thing needs new plugs and wires hardcore. Any recommendations on brands? I was thinking Autolite Platinums for the plugs, but I'm not sure on wires.

Magnecor Competition 8.5mm Spark Plug Set would be the "best" choice for wires. And those Autolite Platinums work fine...
Remember that the supercharger takes 1,5 of those small supercharger fluid bottles which are 4oz if I remember correctly.
Good luck!!

If there is any fluid left in the SC and you want to get it all out, try using an old windex sprayer to suck it out. The small diameter tube fits down in the hole nicely and gets most of the old fluid out. Then put in the new stuff.

go to a GM dealership and get their sc oil for the GTP/SSEI/GS. it's the same stuff if not better than the stuff from ford. plus it's 1/2 the price. get two bottles. should run you about 15-16 bucks. i used an ear wax remover thingy. you know, with the ball at the end. fill to the bottom of the screw.
-matt

I've had good luck with the Autolite Double Platinums. I've also just used Ford Motorcraft plug wires. No problems there either. Others have run the regular 3.8 double platinum plug (shorter tip) with good results.

That was close...

Ok, I have the car licensed and the title transferred now at least. Still need insurance to really get it on the road (I just had to drive it on backroads though).

I would say it was a close call with the super charger though. I bought two 4 oz. bottles of the GM fluid at one of the dealers here for $13.76, which wasn't too bad. Anyway, I sucked the rest of the fluid out of the charger with a window cleaner sprayer (thanks for the idea TBirdDriver), and I was suprised as to how LITTLE was in there. I'd say overall I sucked out 1.5 to 2 oz. of dark brown crappy looking fluid. I ended up putting in about 6 oz. till it was just up to the threads. I compared the old fluid to the new and am REALLY glad I didn't just start driving the car around with it like that. Since putting the new oil in the charger has quieted down a bit, so at least it's becoming happy again.

Heh, and just so you know, I drove the car over to my friend Luke's house, where he has a '95 Civic EX w/ intake mods and a couple other things. He said my car would probably not beat his Civic, and I told him yeah right. He wanted to hear the car roar as it left his driveway....so I did. I left a couple black marks in second gear, so I'm sure he understands that there is a little more power under the hood of this car than his Civic.

Back