supercharger/intercooler pipe polishing?

operation rob

i decided i wanted to polish the upper intercooler pipe that says "SUPERCHARGED" and possibly the blower also. what would i have to do in order to polish them? i just bought some aircraft paint remover from walmart to get the paint off the tubing. does anyone know what the tubing is made out of? i think it is aluminum, but i'm not sure. thanks.

Grims95SC said:
Set aside lots of time, I hope you're paitent. There's no fast way to do it.
yeah, i figured it'd be a long/involved process. i have metal grinding experience, maybe that'll help things out a bit.

yeah polishing is not the hard part keeping it shiny takes up alot of time i gave up and painted mine back to stock

Did you think about chroming it? You've already done a lot of the work stripping the paint and preping the metal.

I was wondering if anyone has tried using that chrome-like spray can paint I've seen. Don't know if it'll hold up to high engine temps though.

mannysc said:
yeah polishing is not the hard part keeping it shiny takes up alot of time i gave up and painted mine back to stock

i hear that. I almost wish i would have got my S-trim in satin so i dont have to keep polishing it :(

Back