How can I tell? TB/MAF

IGot6UGot8

I've got a 91 SC. I'm sure it's all stock. How can I tell what size TB and MAF is on the car? I thought I'd read something about some 91's having the 70mm. I'm new to all this fun supercharger stuff, so please be patient. (c;

Jake

The TBs are all pretty much the same size, I believe that they are 60 mm. The 91 should have the 70 mm MAF, look for stamping number F1SF 12B579 AA on the black sensor portion. Also, if you take the MAF out and look at the inside, you can tell. The smaller 55 MAF is open through the middle, the 70 has a "bridge" in the middle of it.

cheers
Ed Nicholson
SCCoO

Tb's vary I have 4 and they are all different and range from 50mm - 63mm The 50mm it stamped on the back. One has SC stamped on the back and anothe has nothing. You would have to take it off and measure it to be sure.

Jeff

So my MAF shouldn't really need an upgrade? How big can I go with the TB before needing a different fuel pump and injectors?

Thanks
Jake

What cars other than sc's have throttle bodies that will bolt on? There's a BBK 70 mm off a 2000 Cobra on ebay, will this bolt on?

Jake

tHE ONLY ONE CLOSE TO FITTING IS THE 94-95 MUSTANG TB, BUT THE LINKAGE MUST BE SWAPPED (WELDED) FOR IT TO WORK.

2000 DON'T HAVE A PROVISION FOR IAC.

Back