EGR delete Question

XxSlowpokexX

Anyone checked to see how much of an emmisions change there was in doing so? Were you able to pass dyno inspection?

Thanks!

Damon

If you have cats, then I seriously doubt you'll have a problem with deleting the EGR. Just make sure you have the car tuned otherwise you'll throw a CEL.

Thast a no brainer its for my v8 car but just curious as i have never done that before..I know it effects part throttle emmisions

Honestly, I don't believe in deleting EGR or Cats in a street car.

EGR = cooler cylinder temps at cruising speeds for better fuel consumption, reduction in detonation, and better emissions. Its win win. Not to mention when you go WOT it just shuts off anyhow.

Cats, a good high flow cat won't set most street cars back much in power at all. Not to mention it helps to quell annoying droan.

Smog pumps = trash can.

Jason..

The EGR on my v8 SC car severly interferes with the potential size of the inlet. I wouldnt delete it under normal circumstances. I know what it does however in this case its just getting in the way..Take a lookey...I know bad pictures but you get the idea

Attachments

• 100_4385.JPG
    100_4385.JPG
    370.2 KB · Views: 75
  • 100_4386.JPG
    100_4386.JPG
    231.7 KB · Views: 62
  • 100_4387.JPG
    100_4387.JPG
    366.9 KB · Views: 74
  • 100_4393.JPG
    100_4393.JPG
    143.1 KB · Views: 69
DamonSlowpokeBaumann said:
Jason..

The EGR on my v8 SC car severly interferes with the potential size of the inlet. I wouldnt delete it under normal circumstances. I know what it does however in this case its just getting in the way..Take a lookey...I know bad pictures but you get the idea

Well, you know my take on it, if it makes the car faster, and keeps the AC lets effin do it!

ahhh remove it my 92 came factory without a rgr not ebven a place to mount one so its not a real needed thing but they did return to egr in late 93 so go figure

Back