93 sc trouble! any ideas?

youngfordfan61

Hey guys,
Well I dont know so I thouhg i might ask yall. Ive owned 3 sc's, this is my 3rd and 1st speed sc. So I drove 900 miles to get this tbird, I knew buying it get hot in traffic, its fine goign down the road it runs under the N, but if you even stop at a red light it will be at the M before the light changes(NORM). That I dont get but thats not my question. So im a the tollbooth, rolling along in the emergency lane, waiting for my friend to catch up, he comes by im rolling at about 30, so I shift from neutral to 2nd, it does fine for about 100 feet then goes to jumping and dies, I figured the gear was just too lose, and the rev limiter shut it off. It cranked back, fine, and ran fine, but now the tach suddelny doesnt work, and the check engine light is on. I drive it on down I-40 for a hundred miles, with no problems. I stopped for lunch after an hour and half of no problems driving, and stop for lunch. When I come back out the sc doesnt want to crank. It finally does crank, spitting, sputtering, and making a pinging sound like someone is hitting the mufflers with a hammer, and blowing white smoke when it pings, then it dies out again. Well i kept trying this for awhile, to no avail. I checked all the vacuum lines, then I thouhg maybe its the electronic control module, once I found 1 i changed it out, 205 dollars later, but it didnt help the problem, so I took it back. So then I figure maybe its the fuel filter, i removed the fuel line, gas poured out of the filter, and i turned the switch on and it blew plenty of gas out of the line, so that wasnt the problem either. I worked on it for 7 hours to no avail, then finally I had it towd to a local garage, and I drove the 750 miles home! Sorry its so long but I wanted u to have any and all details, any body out there have any clue whats wrong with my new sc? Timing belt? Crankshaft sensor? Thanks for any help guys, and may God bless you all
mcw

Hey David,
Thanks so much that solves 1 issue, could that make it run that way? If not anyone with any ideas? Thank you for the help again
mcw

yes it can make it run that way, so can lots of things, Cam sensor then check your oil/coolant level see if it had the headgasket bugaboo.

Hey,
Thanks for the responses guys, i know its not the headgasket, theres no oil in the antifreeze or anitfreeze in the oil, so im pretty sure its not a headgasket. It could be that cam sensor though, ill have to check that out. thanks guys, let me if you have any other ideas
mcw

Back