Got a cool Sc idea, need feedback

F

FordPOWER INC

Got a cool Sc idea, need feedback

I have been thinking about this for a while. I think it would be cool

What i have always wanted to do is get a SC, leave it at stock height and pull the GFX off and change over to the ugly ass 89 n/a front end. Then put a CMRE engine in and a auto. Beef up the tranny and rear. Make a huge single exhaust with a cheezy weld on tip. The thing would be a KILLER sleeper. In fact loose the SC rims and put some 15 inch 95 LX turbine rims on it, with 245 nitto DR at the back and 225 up front. Gotta use a rubber intake to kill the blower whine, no mac/ZR's here.

Play dumb and pretend its a n/a V6. Most ppl don't know what the SC is. And the general rule of thumb (that i've noticed from racers) is the only bird that are quick are the ones with the GFX. Think about the stang's LOL
"borrowing grandma's car kid??" LOL unleash the 13 sec beast on them

Some ppl call this evil to do to an SC but it would be a killer sleeper. Think about it, stocking looking grandma car sitting up high with junk rims, capable of 13's

LOL it would be great

Ray

PS Wadda ya think Dr Fred? U wanna go and convert your car??? LOL probibly not i bet the SC GFX will help the high speed downforce and stop the nose from rising.
Still would be a killer street racer :)

Re: Got a cool Sc idea, need feedback

Hah, sounds good Ray, but I actually did want to put an early style lx front end on mine, :p

You gonna be at the meet sunday?

Re: Got a cool Sc idea, need feedback

Make sure you Paint a White Stripe on all the tires for that extrea touch of Grandma-mobile. NOTHING says Grandma-mobile like White wall tires ( I see SO many 89-93 LX's with these tires around here with old people driving)

well

sup whitey lol

im gonna try to get the day off work i won't know till tomorrow, if i am im coming over sat nite and dan and i are gonna go party a bit and then detail his car in the morning before the meet.

Can't wait to see your car man, havent seen it since thunderbird show park like a year ago.

Rancher

LOL white walls forgot that.. gotta remember that one. The part i like best is putting a $15 canadian tire chrome tip on it. Make it look really ghetto

Ray

Re: well

just go get a set of 96-97 lx wheels and people will SWEAR your sc is a fake, :lol:

i got @#%$ for a year and a half before i finally got the right wheels for my car.

why kill an SC

Why not just buy a cheap LX with blown head gaskets and pull that motor out, swap in an SC computer, SC rear end, and have Coy build you a motor. Trust me if you get a good Coy Miller motor you can turn 12's with ease although not on 245's.

I thought about doing exactly that but I wouldn't deface an SC. Thats like taking a Corvette and making it a Chevette. Why not just drop the Corvette engine in the Chevette. See what I'm getting at?

Unless you get an SC that was sandwiched in a car crash, and put some cheap junk yard bumpers on it, and take the side skirts off. Then I could justify it.

-Scott-
no 100.jpg

1993 Audi quattro 5-speed
1992 Thunderbird SC 5-speed
1990 Thunderbird SC auto

Back