Got my car riding SMOOTH now!

Dan Lineback

Well I got the 91 finished up this week. It's smooth as silk now.

I wanted to install the later spindles, so I went ahead and combined it with a complete front end rebuild. I replaced upper and lower BJs, sway bar links & bushings, hub bearings. I also installed the Eibach springs (with the original shocks) and all new front brake components. I also put some shims between the diff housing and the frame to adjust my pinion angle to cure that high speed NVH.

I got the tires balanced and the alignment set by a guy in Douglasville who I am now convinced is one of the best in the business. This thing rides and steers much better now! I was doing 90 on the freeway, took my hands off the wheel, and it kept pulling straight!

It looks pretty good now, too, since it sits a little lower now.

Dan

You never mentioned how much of a drop those springs are. Enquiring minds want to know. Oh well I guess I'll see it tomorrow anyway. See ya there!

advertised as 1.5". Looks pretty close to that, although I failed to take measurements prior to installing them. The only ride difference I feel that is attributed to the springs is it's a little stiffer when going over really rough bumps (like the expansion joints on the freeway bridges). And it feels like a little less body roll in curves. Other than that, it's still a really soft ride.

hey Dan, quick question. Im pretty much going to do the whole replacement thing similar to waht you did. I watned to see how much $$ all those parts took from your wallet. I just bought new tires, all 4 shocks and i noticed that the rest of the suspension components were CRAPPED out...so i must replace.

I paid about $250 for the springs, including shipping from shox.com. I can't say about the other front end parts, as I got them at a discount from the parts store that I used to work at.

I probably need to do that to both of mine. But, I decided I wanted the cam in instead. It's over at Higgins now. Tomorrow is the before dyno run and then Rick'll get started on it. Should be done by Thanksgiving. It'll be interesting to see how much hp I gain. Anybody want to give me an EEC tuner for Christmas, huh? I'm thinking of running as many weekends as I can next year in the Summitt series. Got nothing else to do on saturdays. Might as well get my money's worth out of it.

Back