Blower Quick Change Pulley Questions

Tim Groth

SCCoA Member
So I just picked up a set of these pulleys off of ShotBirdsc which my understanding, these were made through a group purchase in the Canada Chapter. Anyhow, the pulleys are great, ShotBirdsc is a fantastic seller also, and I got what I was promised, however did anyone have fitment issues with these pulleys?

So far I've ground down a far amount off the snout of my blower and the pulley still wants to rub on the snout of the blower. I'm running the MPII which I wouldn't think is any different than the normal stock blower since the m90 case isn't changed on the snout side of things.

Just curious if there were any tips or fitment issues anyone else had.

Also here is the link to the orginal pulley group purchase: http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26217

Thanks!

-Tim

Some fit and some rubbed on the ribs on the blower case.I know of at least 2 that were re machined to fit.They were all made on a test snout but some rubbed on it.

Well I guess this weekend I will pull the blower off the car when I go to install my shorty headers and just keep grinding. Its really to the point where the fins are no longer there...and well I'm taking down the case itself....truely more material than I thought would have to be removed.

I just on this...there is only one way to install these I would assume? I noticed a B on one side of the hub which I understood to me "Back" and well also that is really the only way the pulley will fit, since it only mounts up to one side.

Thanks for the advice.

-Tim

Pretty much what I was gathering also...at this point though I figured I could be a moron and have installed them wrong or something.

Also...do you recall how much was removed from the pullies to make them fit?

-Tim

Tim, I'm glad that you got them. Sorry to hear that you have problems with them. Steve was actually the man that I purchased them through so he will know the answers a little better to fitment then I would. I know that there are a few other guys with them on their cars hopefully they will chime in here to see if they had any issues with theirs and what they did.

Thanks for chiming in Steve!

Let me know how you make out Tim and if I can help out. :)

Eric

Back