92 sc power seat harness pinouts?

geekpipe

Hi,

have a pair of 92 sc power seats and trying to find the pinout wiring diagram as the seats dont move. They are in another car and it doesnt have the other half of the harness so all I have is the 6 pin block attached to the seat.

Anyone know or have a diagram on what each of the pins are wired for and how to make the seats work in other car? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Kevin

thanks

sent pm
appreciate the help!

By the way.... in the original SC how would one move the seats up/down/forward/back? Was a switch somewhere as my seats only have one switch on them saying power lumbar. Thanks Kevin

Last edited:
ugh

i looked through ebay ads for sc's and I agree they do not look like them.

Now... anyone have a wild guess what car they coudl be from?

thanks

Kevin

ok

damn i thought they were sc seats... oh well.

anyone know the pinouts on the harness/plug or how I can hook these up to move them at least forward & reverse?

thanks

You may have to follow the wires and figure out which ones are which. The control switches were in the center console.

hmm

no dont need sc seats just now have to figure out how these seats are wired in that harness... anyone have an idea where i could find this out?

thanks

pinouts

I think the motor mechanism for the seat tracks hasnt changed much. I think I have the EVTM for both the 85 bird and 91 bird. I will try to looksee and "stare and compare"

YB

harness

I just left the "Ted Kennedy Memorial Library" where I did a "stare and compare" of the 85 & 91 (I know you have a 92) EVTM's. While the library is airing out, I will reply-----:D

The wire colors do not appear to have changed between those years, so I expect 92 is the same. Really is simple circuit, the complexity is in the switches on the seat/console/door, which are polarity reversing. The basic power feed ckt is the same, 1 pwr (12VDC), 1 gnd/rtn/dirt (dirt is my own term). After 85 they apparently added the pwr relay blocks so the 12V feed is slightly different 85/91, but the ckt #--517 and color--bk/w is the same. The gnd/rtn feed is the same #--57, color---bk.

There are 6 wires (3 pairs), from the switches to the 3 motors on the seat base assembly, that feed the motors, which are reversing. The colors are the same for all wires 85/91. All paired wires have the same color tracer----LB/W/LG. The gnd/rtn (bk) wire is fed into the switch assm from a gnd splice or "ground buss". The seat assm appears to only need the 3 pairs (6 wires) in its connector with no provision for a gnd---in the connector that is.

You will have to determine where the switches are, or add them---If you dont have a power seat mount w/motors and connectors, then you may have quite a task to assemble all that and wire. The power feeds to the switches and the wires to the seat motors seem to all be the same. Probably very close, even on other brands. If you can identify all the colors, but dont have the connectors, go to Radio Shack (or whatever)and get polarized connectors w/pins for whatever amount of wires you need. If you want to be politically correct then get connectors from parting out stuff, but Radio Shack connectors work well. I can maybe fax page copies to you, but first I have to hook up this old scanner that I have-----funding has not been approved by the "House Frau" yet for a newer one :) LOL

YB

wow thank you so much... ! I will be trying to get this going over the weekend. Hopefully from your detailed info I will be successful!

thanks again!

kevin

Back