can this be done...

Most people with a 5.0 go with a centrifugal supercharger instead of a roots-type blower (much less an M90 like ours).

'bird

The main problem with trying to put a Roots-style Eaton blower on top of a 5.0 is that the distributor at the front gets in the way of the nose and the drive snout of the blower. BBK made a kit for 5.0 Mustangs that mounted an M90 off to the side, sort of like a Paxton or Vortech, etc. And Explorer Express markets a kit for 5.0L Explorers that puts an M90 on top, but the Explorer / Mountaineer is the only OE 5.0L application with DIS rather than a distributor, so they just move the coil packs over to the side out of the way.

So the short answer is yes it could be done, but not easily.

cheers
Ed Nicholson
SCCoO

Originally posted by J57ltr
You will need at least a 2.7:1 drive ratio to make about 5.8psi on a 302.

Jeff

HOW MUCH DRIVE RATIO DOES A GMC NEED TO EVEN COME CLOSE TO HANGIN' WITH A SUPER COUPE ?

signed: anonymous

It needs to be underdriven so as to restrict the inlet to hang with Elvira. Especially from a rolling start. Next time I will spank you. I have the formula now:

Hold against the converter and allow myself to get outta the hole so as to not let the peg leg go up in smoke ALL the way through 1st. Besides you weren't even a car length in front. I'll get you next time (shaking fist)!

Back