Some pictures and a video from the Hot Rod Supernationals

racecougar

Quite a few of us TBU members attended the Hot Rod Supernationals last weekend in Springfield, IL. Here are some of the pictures I took while we were there.

A few group shots:

groupshot2.jpg

groupshot1.jpg

groupshot3.jpg

I knew it was going to be a long day of keeping the car clean when we woke up to wet cars Saturday morning:

morningrain.jpg

A few very nice cars:

chevy2.jpg

wicked.jpg

A really cool interior with floating gauges:

floatinggauges.jpg

The Monster Mower:

monstermower.jpg

Burnout contest winner:

burnout.jpg

Pokin fun at the dubs:

bling.jpg

Driving home in the rain with a driverside window that won't go up all the way, wipers that hardly work, on tires not designed for wet traction:

gaugesat80MPH.jpg

And a video of Neibert's 91 SC on the dyno, shocking the crowd with 416 rwhp:

All of us had a really great time there this year. I'm looking forward to next year already.

-Rod

WooHoo!..This buds for you Dave!:eek: ...Sounds like the're just about to let loose the catapult and start the Top Gun music!:D

The guy running the dyno made two short pulls prior to the one on the video and kept letting off at about 4000 rpms. I went over and asked what's wrong is it downshifting or something...? ? He said no, it keeps spinning the tires when I hit the gas. :eek: That's why he just kinda rolled into the throttle in the video.

I've got to admit it was pretty cool watching all those people crowd around the monitor to see what it pulled and then hearing all those positive comments afterwards. It also didn't hurt that I dynoed after a Mustang GT that only pulled 220 rwhp and that's about all the crowd expected out of my SC too. The guys in the tent next to the dyno were actually betting against each other for money, with the closest guess being the winner...highest bet on my car was 260 rwhp if I used the nitrous.

Boy were they suprised :D

David

Nice pic of my car Kurt. The coolest part of the show was seeing Dave's car up on the dyno and suprising the heck out of a bunch of people!

260 rwhp on spray. HA. Should have bet back and made some money.

Tony when'd you get new wheels?

That Caprice looks like dubs +4.

SCme94 said:
Nice pic of my car Kurt. The coolest part of the show was seeing Dave's car up on the dyno and suprising the heck out of a bunch of people!
The picture is more of a subliminal message Look at the background :)

The dyno was great. I overheard a tent full of guys that were betting on the dyno numbers for all of the cars that would dyno. They sent a guy over to check out Dave's car and I heard him come back and say its got Nitrous. I couldn't let them assume he was going to use the nitrous, so I informed the group that Dave would not be spraying. They each started stating their bets....185, 195, 170, 205, 220. I asked the 185 guess guy what his guess would be if he was spraying and he said 260.

I asked if I could get some of the action, but they wisely declined :D One of the guys was out of cash, so he wasn't participating. I whispered that, even with the horrible conditions, Dave should be above 390 rwhp and probably in the low 400's. The look on his face was priceless.

The only thing that would have made the dyno even better is if Dave could have followed the obnoxiously loud, race fuel powered big block Camaro that only laid down 420 rwhp.

Rod - those gauge faces look really good man..

So when are you getting some FR500 cams and gonna port those B-series ? :p

i just traded my 4.6 dohc for some 17" miglias lol.

Dave - Its not just funny, that people underestimated your SC, but the fact that they probably dont realize how much 400 rwhp is on these, being our pretty decent percentage of drivetrain loss.. SC's are the anti-dyno queen.

its even funnier when you lay down a certain ET.. and the fact that to most people the weight : power does not match up at all.

after all theyre just 4000 pound V6 cars.. geez. ;)

Thunder427 said:
Rod - those gauge faces look really good man..

So when are you getting some FR500 cams and gonna port those B-series ? :p

Thanks, and I have better plans for the DOHC. ;)

-Rod

Awesome pics Rod....the icing on the cake would have been if any of us remembered our camera Saturday night!!

Micah

P.S. Looks like our boats are still somewhat afloat in one of those pictures.

Yeah, I really wish I would have had my camera Saturday night.

I almost forgot about the boats.

-Rod

Attachments

• s boat.JPG
    s boat.JPG
    107.9 KB · Views: 79
Back