PDA

View Full Version : Tuner needed near ATL.

442guy
08-29-2006, 09:22 PM
well I'm putting an s port, on next week with a 85 mm maf and 75 mm tb. Any local GA or ATl. tuners

Mike Puckett
09-07-2006, 10:42 AM
Call Tommy Higgins at Higgins Ford Performance 770-949-1234. He has a dyno and can tune it. He can sell you the SCT plug-in module, too, if you don't have one.

Daspanka
09-08-2006, 05:34 AM
Call Tommy Higgins at Higgins Ford Performance 770-949-1234. He has a dyno and can tune it. He can sell you the SCT plug-in module, too, if you don't have one.

Mike,
Please pardon my D.A., but what is an SCT plugpin module?

Daspanka

Mike Puckett
09-08-2006, 10:12 AM
Our EEC's can't be reprogrammed on their own, they don't have reprogrammable flash memory like the new cars do. So, in order to have a new program for the EEC to follow it has to held in a separate module often called a 'chip' that is plugged into the EEC's service port. It actually has 2 chips on it. One holds the program and the other interfaces the memory chip with the EEC circuitry. You can put up to 4 different programs plus the stock tune in them. I have a switch with mine that allows me to switch from the stock tune to the dyno tune. This module is about $300. If your car has OBD2 then you have flash memory on board and you won't need the 'chip'. BTW, Higgins is in Douglasville just off of Hwy 5 and I-20 west.

Daspanka
09-09-2006, 04:16 AM
Our EEC's can't be reprogrammed on their own, they don't have reprogrammable flash memory like the new cars do. So, in order to have a new program for the EEC to follow it has to held in a separate module often called a 'chip' that is plugged into the EEC's service port. It actually has 2 chips on it. One holds the program and the other interfaces the memory chip with the EEC circuitry. You can put up to 4 different programs plus the stock tune in them. I have a switch with mine that allows me to switch from the stock tune to the dyno tune. This module is about $300. If your car has OBD2 then you have flash memory on board and you won't need the 'chip'. BTW, Higgins is in Douglasville just off of Hwy 5 and I-20 west.

Just FMI, how much does the chip + the dyno and tune typically cost. I'm adding a FMIC, ported intake and return plenums, a 73mm MAF, 70mm TB, and I'm also running a blended fuel @ about 100 octane. I've got all the parts in hand and should have it finished up before the SVRA thing in Oct. I'm also building a MarkVIII pumpkin with 3:73's and want to have my shift points adjusted (4r70w). I'm assuming he could do that too. Is the chip programable from a notebook computer, or does it require a special tool?