QUOTE OF THE CENTURY FOR ALL SC builders.

Thunder427

" My galant doesn't need slicks. It cut a 2.02 60ft. with street tires. Do you even know what motor is in the galant? It has way more potential than a super coupe ever will. I just don't feel like building it because I have better things to spend my money on. I will race you heads up with crx or the galant when the galants finished. I'm not afraid of losing. Are you? "

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=55213063

said by that genius.. with the yellow galant..

it has so much more potential than my car.. yet he doesnt feel like building it.

he called my car a pile of ~~~~.. has never seen it before. doesnt know what it is. he basically is clueless apparantly about any kind of engine setup.

he was going to give me a dollar for every horse the ranchero was making over 300 crank... :rolleyes:

If its not a Galant VR4 I wouldn't sweat it, he's just showing his ignorance.

Anyone else see the money making opportunity here?

im pretty sure its a FWD regular galant.. the kids just dumb like i said, he has nothing.
Lollerskates

( micah edited his.. so nvm this part lol )

but anyways..

ill line up, i just picked up some Nitto DR's from a parts car XR7..

i gotta try out these 4:10s, and break in this new trannys manual valve body :p

that and, dalke tells me no one is running this big of a cam on stock valves ? anyone ?

maybe we will see some new tricks out of this old ported early style ? before i switch over to ar power.

Last edited:

218/224

dont know if im the ONLY one.. but i know that this is as big as you want to go.

stock valve wise.

but it was also kept in mind that i will be upgrading blowers

i have yet to get the car back from the shop, but ill get some video of how it sounds and runs.

but it should be interesting to see what this early model setup can do.. at this point without having a better blower/inlet, the engine is basically at its peak power potential aside from having big valve heads at what it can do..

I Really want to bring it down to the shootout so we can all see, and have dalke tune it.. but it may not be happening :(

next on my list is alcohol injection kit though.

but now i kind of want to know anyone running this big of a cam, on a similar setup just to see what kind of results they had

Last edited:
To my knowledge, no one has installed that big of a cam on stock valves. Mine is about the smallest "upgrade" you can make being 208/208 .509 and there are several guys who have used this on stock valve sizes. Definitely interested on what kind of numbers you get and also vaccum readings at idle and such.

Micah

well, this is the specs he wanted me at originally,

i almost went with slightly under .500 being stock and all,

but i opted for the better springs and hardened rods, just so it would be worth the beefier cam..

im always up for experimentation :)

ha... we blew my buddys galant up trying to beat my stock supercoupe.

took a 150 shot to hang within a car and it let a rod see daylight on that run. This was a base model Galant ES.. 4cyl FWD auto.

rofl.

Mitsubishis are GARBAGE.
After driving a couple, I have no respect for them. On a test drive of a low-miles 97 Eclipse GSX AWD turbo, the thing ran itself out of gas and started smoking and ~~~~. It also had a whole lot less pull than I was expecting. I was really, really disappointed with it, and its turning radius was AWFUL.
Overall, I hate mitsubishi now. Every single performance mitsubishi has HUGE reliability issues... I thought the Z32 300ZX was bad until I started reading up on eclipse GSX's and 3000GT VR4's... those things eat transmissions for breakfast and they're not even quick.

The SC has quite a bit of potential for making lots of power, as does any factory turbo/sc'd car. The trick is, can most of those other cars make the downright stupid amount of torque this ridiculous ~~~ pushrodder 6 makes?

What's more alarming is that I find the car's rate of acceleration isn't so much in how fast it goes from the get go, but how fast it can hit insane speeds.. On the freeway one night, I just decided to say to hell with it, and shifted at 5100 for 3rd and maxed out the speedo far before 5000 in 4th... After that I let off, I guess I lost my nerve that time :(

Anyhow, on the freeway the SC will EAT just about anything... or at least, anything that's not an exotic, or a modern out-and-out sportscar.

-Ghost

Even if it was the so-called "fast" Galant, I wouldnt be scared. I have yet to see one of these loud mothed import guys fail to get waxed by my SC.

T-bird Tim said:
Even if it was the so-called "fast" Galant, I wouldnt be scared. I have yet to see one of these loud mothed import guys fail to get waxed by my SC.

MILD Galant Vr4 pushing 500 to the WHEELS yes, ALL 4 Oh, and quite a few other BIG v8 muscle cars on this video for you guys to watch. Turbo 03 Cobra, the Boost Stang, Turbo LS1 Chevelle, etc ...

Now, when I say mild, I mean mild. As for the stock trany's being trash ... 100k+ miles, tripple the power Mitsubishi ever entended these things to make (200stock), and 6,000rpm all wheel drive launches will tend to break things. Someone want to show me what happens to a stock supercoupe manual trany with 100k miles on it launching from 6k rpm on a 500+hp motor?

I'm not going to change anyone's mind about what they drive, I just think most should respect SOME imports and what they can do. Oh, and the Galant VR4's pull 1.6 60' STOCK on radials. Not all imports are created equally.

yeah its a turbo Eg build or whatever..

someone told me the head hes running is junk, and the turbo is cheap lol.

turbo fwd 4 pots are a joke to me.. well home built ones especially.

But I have an engine update...

I will be aquiring an MPII blower soon to mess with.. stock inlet plenum for now thats on it.. ill probably be getting this around the same time as the alcohol injection kit.. and a 10% crank pulley. time to start making some power.

but this will be a huge upgrade to my mildly ported early style :)

and most of the time its an ugly 500 rwhp.. like most of those engine setups.

im toying with the idea of what would happen if I gutted my car to low 3000s, and ran a locking C4 with custom driveshaft..

Last edited:
Thunder427 said:
yeah its a turbo Eg build or whatever..

someone told me the head hes running is junk, and the turbo is cheap lol.

turbo fwd 4 pots are a joke to me.. well home built ones especially.

But I have an engine update...

I will be aquiring an MPII blower soon to mess with.. stock inlet plenum for now thats on it.. ill probably be getting this around the same time as the alcohol injection kit.. and a 10% crank pulley. time to start making some power.

but this will be a huge upgrade to my mildly ported early style :)

and most of the time its an ugly 500 rwhp.. like most of those engine setups.

im toying with the idea of what would happen if I gutted my car to low 3000s, and ran a locking C4 with custom driveshaft..

If he has a Turbo 4g (as in 4g63) ... be careful ...

If he's running a STOCK turbo check out here to see what he COULD do.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4g63
If he's running anything BIGGER ... uh oh for you.

Edit:
what is ugly 500hp?

well , truth to be told , a galant VR4 can and if modded most probably walk you bad off the line , expect a 1-2 cars jump on you , after that if you have a fast car you may reel him back.

DSM can be made fast a lot cheaper than our cars.

and a car doesnt ran itself out of gas , that problem is betwen the seat and the steering wheel , even if the gas gauge doesnt work i always go and put 5-10 bucks of gas before taking a romp in any car.

and yes his engine has a lot more potential than yours to make power.
look at Dave neibert , he has top of the line everything , and makes around 450RWHP.

not bashing SC's but you gotta realize we arent fast anymore.
15's isnt fast. 14's is what a 03-04 v6 altima runs. 13's well thats better

im not worried, like I said hes using the crappy head, and a crappy turbo.. my friend with an SR20 setup was making fun of it.

yeah not to talk about david like hes not here, but look at his time and his weight. 400 rwhp in our cars is nothing to simply nod at. we have huge drivetrain losses. hes not at the limit of what i think these engines could do.

I think people seem to forget our incredible power bands.

I think 11.50s with 4300 pounds should be enough to convince people that these are not a crappy choice for a build, and that they are no joke.

What is it going to take for it to be taken seriously with everything else ?

Alls I know is i am dedicated to the MN12 platform now, and the 3.8 SC.

I eventually plan on running a 2.0 AR and bigger valve heads. Whomever gets to 10s first with a full weight SC all boost wins.

Sure its taking some amount of work to go really fast, but when they are built up like that, its an incredible car.

I would much rather run sub 13s with a 4000 pound sport luxury car, than a FWD shoebox.

and as far as cost ? I know someone whom I won't mention, who ran a 12.7, he has a late model blower. 5 speed, stock gears,

sure he has some money put into it, but he bought it for 1000.

im just glad there are people like double deez who have faith, and make innovations Thats what its all about.

SC's are only getting faster.. Who do you know who has "de-modified" their car ? LOL

i didnt click the link until now.
crappy head........you must mean stock.
cheap/crappy turbo...........well lets say its stock.
i didnt see a FMIC either.

with a boost controller , typical bolt ons he must be around 220-230.

with your mods i think you should be around 260-270.

you weight about the same.

altough he as the advantage of AWD , if he's good at lauching 1-2 cars then you have to reel him back like i said, rigth now youre faster.
but if both of you were given 10k to build both cars dollar for dollar his car would be faster.

once again..

we are not talking about a VR-4. lol.

its an even worse turbo than the stock VR-4. and like the regular head.

and its a FWD galant.

I gotta talk to my friend and find out the build again.. so theres no confusion.

and for 10K.. id have someone start making some crazy heads for these engines..

Im making the steps upwards though.

Last edited:
Back