maybe needed it tuned?

blownbird2

hey everybody i just got my hands on an 89 sc 5 speed :) 198000 on the body 60000 on motor and 3000 on the bottom end . the last guy put 190gph fuel pump 38lb's, 75mm mass, 70mmTB, down tubes with high flow cats and scp cat back,underdrive set,10% on the blower. when i got about a month ago the motor was perfect and since then iv changed the oil {valvoline 15-50 syn}and i have ran it down the track and did 92.7 15.3 and have got on it around town a few times now when i start the car in the morning i hear knocking sound coming from the bottom end. iv never pushed it over 4800 rpm and now iv got under the car and heard it from the oil pan but when its warm nothing not a peep now my question is if the car with these bolt on's with not being tuned could have started to kill my bottom? when i get on it i have seen 13psi and it sounds great
so im really scratching my head :confused:
and if it does need to be tuned where would i go?
any ideas guys

I'm surprised that thing has blown up completely. You could have a rod bearing going as you've probably leaned out so much..............

Oh well.

Frit

Most likely the clearances were never right. You need to get an oil pressure gauge and see what is going on with the oil pressure. Don't continue to drive it with a knock or you may find yourself buying a new motor (if not already).

Back