vacuum help

x182dan

There is a canister or something up in front of my 94 and it has atleast two vacuum lines going to it, what is it? Its black and its on the passenger side front of the car next to hte radiator support. Whats it for and where are the lines that come from it come from?

All I can tell you there is to try and tracethe lines to their source. I have seen where people add large cams to their cars and this in turns lowers their vacume. They will install one of those old-style vacume canisters to build the vacume back up. Start the car and pull off the lines one at a time, listen for the engine to idle rough or hear a hiss from the hose you disconnected. This generally will give you an idea if this is a hose connected somewhere at the intake.

x182dan said:
There is a canister or something up in front of my 94 and it has atleast two vacuum lines going to it, what is it? Its black and its on the passenger side front of the car next to hte radiator support. Whats it for and where are the lines that come from it come from?
Evap solonoid. It goes from the fuel tank to a thermister then to the intake tract. Follow the diagram on the sticker.

Paul

Back