Wtb - 90 Sc Aod

sertraline

Hey guys, new to the board. Just bought a 90 XR7, second day on the road legal and now i have no reverse, and my neutural acts as an extra drive ha. Anywho i'm looking for a new tranny around the toronto area.

Jay

I haven't read about an AOD losing reverse before, and since your neutral is acting like drive, I'd go and check the shifter linkage, because its sounding like it could be out of alignment, and when you select a gear, its not in the right position in the tranny.

Just a thought.

Frit

Checked that, manually shifted it into reverse, still nothing. Also did a fluid and filter change. I went to a mechanic and he thinks its the reverse band, which would be 900 for him to replace which obviously would just lead me to wanting to change the tranny

- Jay

Last edited:
if you are still looking i have one at a tranny shop in brampton ready to go
my home internet is down till next week so give me a call 519 940 8584 leave youe # if you get message
brian

i had a tranny do that once.N is like 1st gear and R was like park.turned out my tranny locked up inside i changed it out and all that need was the vlave body needed to be freed up.

Back