car wont start

mazdaman6565

I have a 90 xr7 5 speed and it wont start. if I use starting fluid it will try so I know it is in the fuel system. I put in a new pump and it has good pressure. it seems like the pcm is not turning on the injectors or somthing. I have heard of people saying crank or cam sensor. it has a new cam sensor. how do I test the crank sensor. when I crank on it the tach moves and i know it is sparking right but what sensor controls the injectors cam or crank. has about every new sensor you can imagine. I got it started a while back and it was very rich and fould out the plugs and quit running. i changed plugs and 02 sensors. ever since then I cant get it started. I need help in a bad way.

Does the upshift light stay on while cranking? If so, then the crank sensor might be bad. And usually, a juming tach is a sign of a bad cam sensor. I know you said it had a new one, but make sure it's good and the connections are all good.

You can test to see if the injectors are firing with a noid light. You plug it into the injector harness and crank the engine. If the light flashes then the EEC is at least telling the injector to fire. I picked up a set of six at Advance for $20. You said you have good fuel pressure, but what is it at the Schrader valve on the fuel rail?

Back