HVAC Blower motor

bybowtie

Anyone have any issues with the blower motors on these cars?
My auto climate appears to be working I can here the vacuum openig and closing the different valves but I get no siginificant air coming from the vents.
The blower speed control has no effect as a matter of fact the temp doesnt either.Any Ideas?

its the cord

i had this problem with mine there is a wire behind he glovebox that goes into the top of the blower motor it has a shotty clamp on it so i jimmy rigged it with a shoelace until i get the right cord replacement but that made the heater work for me......when you have it on do you get a lil bit of air not enough to heat or cool but enough to feel the air move a lil bit???

cody

it barely blows, almost makes you think that the air you feel is in your head...lol

it barely blows, almost makes you think that the air you feel is in your head...lol
Do you need to drop any of the dash out or just open the glove box>?

open the glove box and take out the tray its the black piece for the holder than it should flop open more then you'll be able to see the blower motor and there is a cord going to it check the connections on both sides and turn on the car and wiggle to connectors and see if it blows

good luck
cody

open the glove box all the way (press in two tabls and let it fall down)

remove the blower (squirl cage) fan.

reach inside the HVAC box and see if there's a bunch of leaves and hair and grease clogging up the AC evaporator.

My wife's '90 had a bunch of black oil and dog hair (like a little dirty blanket) clogging the entire passage way.

Now, her A/C works just fine.

Back