fender swap question

Daybirdsc

I wrecked my 94 sc and refuse to part it out. as i was desasymbling it i noticedthe driverside front finder said the year 1989 on it im guessing the car was recked before and had the front fender replaced with a 89' finder. so if this is true does thes mean i can use any modle sc or lx finders on my SC? If so what other body pars can I use, and can i use the air bags system out of older modles too?

The front fenders are the same 89-95 SC. The interior is different in 94-95 SC's then the earlier, besides, the earlier models did not have airbags. If the front fender still has a sticker with the VIN # on it on the inside lip where the hood goes, then it is a factory installed fender.

You might find a lot of parts on your car have 89 stamped into them, as that was the last year the part had a major change. What did the other fender have on it? Any 89-97 fender will bolt up. EDIT: <-- 96-97 will bolt up but the front of it is different, duh :)

7birdslater said:
You might find a lot of parts on your car have 89 stamped into them, as that was the last year the part had a major change. What did the other fender have on it? Any 89-97 fender will bolt up. EDIT: <-- 96-97 will bolt up but the front of it is different, duh :)
there shouldnt be anything different on the 96-97 they will all bolt up but you will need the mount for the GFX at the bottom of the fender

Any fender you use will need to have the Ground effects bracket swapped, they are Riveted on - but not 100% necessary, you could use double sided tape as a substitute.

If you use 96/97 Fenders, you will have holes where the side body cladding was held on.

- Dan

they all say 1989 since it was the first production year with that style fender. Like someone else said, check to see if the vin sticker is still there.

Back