Is a larger fuel pump needed for tune ?

ipeefreely

Hey guys (XR7 Dave),

I'm looking for opinions.

I going to have my 93 SC tuned in Calgary with XR7 Dave this weekend. I have few basic mods 76mm Maf, 75mm TB. Stock 93 blower. I'll be putting in some 50# injectors before the tune (if my sample tube ever arrives).

I have a 255lph pump that i trying to put in but the exhaust system is being a pain in the a$$. :mad: The nuts/bolts are rusted and not coming out. I'll probably have to use some easy outs and replace them.

I'm pretty much running out of time before the weekend and i want take the time and do everything right. I still have to tare apart the top end to put in the injectors.

I know it best to have all the fuel you can get but will it be ok to get tuned with the larger injector and the stock pump?

Thanks,

Jay

Hey guys thanks for the replies, but i think you read the question too quickly.

I'm getting a tune this weekend. I got the injector for a good price so i want to get them in there while XR7 Dave in the area (seeing how he doesn't make it up this way too often). I plan on getting a better blower over the winter.

I just need to know if I need the larger fuel pump right away or if I can wait a week or two.

Thanks,

Jay

If I were in your situation I would wait on the pump. With your mods I imagine the duty cycle on those 50lbers will be low enough for the stock pump to keep up.

ditto...I don't think that you're going to need the fuel pump. However...over the winter if you're going to upgrade blower or do other mods, then you should.

I would go with an adjustable fuel pressure regulator to account for the extra flow from the 50lb injectors. Let me know if you need one as I can get the Kirban's locally here in calgary on short notice and we can do the injector swap as soon as you arrive. Let me know.

Scott

ss_scuba said:
ditto...I don't think that you're going to need the fuel pump. However...over the winter if you're going to upgrade blower or do other mods, then you should.

I would go with an adjustable fuel pressure regulator to account for the extra flow from the 50lb injectors. Let me know if you need one as I can get the Kirban's locally here in calgary on short notice and we can do the injector swap as soon as you arrive. Let me know.

Scott

Scotty,

I could not find one locally, where do you get yours from?

Marty

Back