What brand WW fluid are ya'll injecting with the snow kit and from where?

sizemoremk

Just wondering if anyone knows of one thats close to the optimal 50/50 mix without xtra junk in it....

Thanks!

Anything that's rated to -20 F then add 3 bottles of Heat per gallon. I usually buy 3 or 4 gallons at a time and mix in the extra methanol (bottles of Heat) using a 5 gallon fuel jug with screw on lid to keep it from evaporating.

David

PS: The store clerk does look at me funny when I buy a case of Heat in the middle of summer.

Thats funny, when I worked part time at Oreilly auto they told me to report anyone who bought more than a few bottles of heat at a time. I guess some crack heads use it to cook up drugs. Might explain some of your funny looks :)

David Neibert said:
Anything that's rated to -20 F then add 3 bottles of Heat per gallon. I usually buy 3 or 4 gallons at a time and mix in the extra methanol (bottles of Heat) using a 5 gallon fuel jug with screw on lid to keep it from evaporating.

David

PS: The store clerk does look at me funny when I buy a case of Heat in the middle of summer.

David I don't know how much you are payng for Heet or the Washer fluid but Methanol is only around $2 per gallon so it might end up being less expensive to just buy straight Methanol and mix with water.

Charles

I had been running 2 Bottles of heat with 1 gallon of -20. I am now switching to actual Boost Juice from Snow as I can get it here for $8/gallon.

Marty

sizemoremk said:
Just wondering if anyone knows of one thats close to the optimal 50/50 mix without xtra junk in it....

Thanks!

I found it to be cheaper to go to a performance shop and buy pure methonal then mix it 50/50 with deminerlized water. Seems like I paid $2.00 a gallon for the methonal. So that would put it just over $1.25/gallon mixed.

Mike

Kurt K said:
We can't get -40° down here :(
Kurt,
thats ok because most -40° Up here in canada is only 5% more meth So that is about 40-45% meth. Since there is a law in canada saying you can not have over 45% meth in your ww fluid. for some reason it's said any more could be a problem if there was a fire. I got this from calling the maker of WW fluid and asking what % of meth is used. As well one of the Mustang guys up here works in a lab and ran a test on it got the same numbers.
I dont know what the price of heat is in the US but up here it was like 1.25 each.

I just buy pure methonal then mix it 50/50 with deminerlized water cost me about 2.50 a gallon thats the canada price.;) next summer i'm going to buy it at 5 gallon each time this will lower the price.

Back