had some fun on the way home tonight....

pro street rich

Well I went to town tonight and took a big block S.C. for the trip. On the way home I stopped at the local Calvers burger shop for some dinner. While I was sitting outside eatting my food some of the local guys started to look over my car..:eek:
When I was done eatting and was ready to leave one of the guys asked if I might want to play..:p ..I asked what their ideas were and they pointed to a blue 95 stang... So I took a look at it and said that it might be something that would work.:eek:
There was some talk and we got all the details worked out..;) . Turns out the stang was a new build that was ready for some action..:cool: .. There was a 347 small block with a turbo setup on it...:confused: This made me think, but I was already in "too deep" to back out.:mad: . So off to the spot we go...On the way there one of the other guys is tring to stay along side of me and see what my tach is readding. :cool: I am thinking they were tring to get some idea as to the gears I am running.
Well we get to the spot and line them up.. Damn that stang was quick,BUT not quick enough.:eek: I got him thru first, but in second he came back to even. When I hit thrid, and everything was hooked I pulled him by a couple of cars...:D . That was too close for me. Both of us had traction issues, but there was still a lot of good hookup for the both of us..:eek: .
After this little fun we went back to the burger spot and talked for a while..:) .There was some talk that I had to be on the bottle, because of the way it pulled...:eek: After some looking with flashlights that idea was put to rest...
Long and short of it is, that tubro stang is very fast, but that 557 was just a bit faster tonight..:eek: .I got the win, and the spoild that went with it......Rich

Sounds like the big block 35th sure did tear up that slow stang. Man do I want to ride in that car again but this time I'll make sure that I am not half asleep from being awake for well over 24 hours straight.

Shane

not to be a stickler or a dick, but if its a big block, how can it be an considered and SC? ;) Isn't an SC a 3.8 liter supercharged V6, and nothing else? If thats not correct then I could put my 95 camry's infantile 4 turder in there and still call it an SC? Just messing with ya. BIGGER is better. seeing how the car weighs a ton...oh sorry 2 tons:rolleyes: I would like to see a twin supercharger set up though.......:cool:

mlbuxbaum said:
not to be a stickler or a dick, but if its a big block, how can it be an considered and SC? ;) Isn't an SC a 3.8 liter supercharged V6, and nothing else? If thats not correct then I could put my 95 camry's infantile 4 turder in there and still call it an SC? Just messing with ya. BIGGER is better. seeing how the car weighs a ton...oh sorry 2 tons:rolleyes: I would like to see a twin supercharger set up though.......:cool:

It's considered an SC because that's what the title says it is. Yes you could put your 4 clyinder Camry motor in the car if that's what you wanted to do...and it would still be an SC. A very slow SC.... but still an SC.

David

Last edited:
mlbuxbaum said:
Its like how those guys with the pontaic feiro's bolt on ferrari/lambo body kits. Its still a feiro' thats what the title says

some things on the engine...

AMD[H]unter said:
Can you show me some pics and specs on the big block SC?
Block, hi deck, aluminum block from Ford's back door.
Heads, super cobra jet, John Kassie[spelling] reworked.

Crank, again something out the back door of Ford's racing parts.
Rods, forged 7075 "long reach" custom built aluminum
Pistons, Forged Mahle 11:0 ratio
Cam, Comp cam, custom grind for this engine.
nuts&bolts, All "ARP" the only to go.
Oil pump, Mellilg hi volume.
Oil pan, custom made 12 quart deep sump.
Intake, Edelbrock "Crab" style hi-rise
Carb, Holley double pumper 1100 cfm,custom race carb.
Spark system, MSD 7al-3 pro drag.
Headers, Hooker's 2-1/2 pro drag.
Trans, C-6 3500 stall with trans brake.
Well that is about it for the details on the power plant... It makes a lot of power and pulls strong all the way thru the power range......rich

pro street rich said:
Block, hi deck, aluminum block from Ford's back door.
Heads, super cobra jet, John Kassie[spelling] reworked.

Crank, again something out the back door of Ford's racing parts.
Rods, forged 7075 "long reach" custom built aluminum
Pistons, Forged Mahle 11:0 ratio
Cam, Comp cam, custom grind for this engine.
nuts&bolts, All "ARP" the only to go.
Oil pump, Mellilg hi volume.
Oil pan, custom made 12 quart deep sump.
Intake, Edelbrock "Crab" style hi-rise
Carb, Holley double pumper 1100 cfm,custom race carb.
Spark system, MSD 7al-3 pro drag.
Headers, Hooker's 2-1/2 pro drag.
Trans, C-6 3500 stall with trans brake.
Well that is about it for the details on the power plant... It makes a lot of power and pulls strong all the way thru the power range......rich

Rich,

Are you going to bring this car to the Shootout ?

David

My buddy was running a 600cid factory ford racing Short block a few years back in a stang..Yah it was nice...Far from a boat anchor

that is the plan...

David Neibert said:
Rich,

Are you going to bring this car to the Shootout ?

David
There are a couple of things that are up right now, but that is the plan.:cool: I have no idea as to what class I will have to run. :confused: The other thing that has me going is how hard the tech people are going to be on this car.:confused: After I make a hard run there is a good chance that it will get parked for not fitting into the rule book. I have been working on getting that fixed, maybe just make half track runs and not worry.
The other thing, Who will I have to play with, other than your tubro car and Keven's??:eek: I am willing to bet the "Farm":D that there won't be anyone from the west coast to worry about.:D ..........Rich

pro street rich said:
There are a couple of things that are up right now, but that is the plan.:cool: I have no idea as to what class I will have to run. :confused: The other thing that has me going is how hard the tech people are going to be on this car.:confused: After I make a hard run there is a good chance that it will get parked for not fitting into the rule book. I have been working on getting that fixed, maybe just make half track runs and not worry.
The other thing, Who will I have to play with, other than your tubro car and Keven's??:eek: I am willing to bet the "Farm":D that there won't be anyone from the west coast to worry about.:D ..........Rich

Rich,

Your going to have to play with the other v8 guys, because I'm bring my 91 this year. Chris Lazzo should have his turbo v8 and Mike Siska is supposed to be there with his supercharged 4.6. Last I heard he's ran a 10.5 with the car.

David

with the fiero thing

some fiero gt owners have swapped in m90s, cant imagine why you wouldnt consider it a fiero.

Back