PDA

View Full Version : SVRA Road Atlanta Oct. 20-22nd

Daspanka
09-07-2006, 05:33 AM
Oct. 20th - 22nd is the SVRA season ender at Road Atlanta. Great racing (Can Am, Trans Am, Early GT, usually a mid-ninety's F1 car or two and Champ cars/ Indy cars). You can tent camp, cook out, drink beer and watch racing. It's $35 for the 3 day weekend, or $20 for one day. Tent camping is $25.
They also have Track Touring where you can get your SC out on Road Atlanta and squeal the tires a bit for about 1/2 hour:) . You can't go full blast, but 70-80mph on the straights and take the corners as you like:D Also, the track is NOT crowded during these events, so we'll have the run of the place.
We take Highway 20 (Canton Highway) instead of the Interstate. It's a great scenic route through central GA.
I'd love to see several SC's out on the track at the same time. Be a great opportunity to meet some of you guys and put down some beer and BBQ, too. If anyone is interested in attending and maybe "caravaning" to the track, just PM or email me.
pgc@bhate-eng.com

Bill Clifton
Daspanka

Mike Puckett
09-07-2006, 10:38 AM
It's a little far ahead yet to plan, but I've wondered what mine could do at Road Atlanta so I may be interested in attending.

Daspanka
09-08-2006, 05:33 AM
It's a little far ahead yet to plan, but I've wondered what mine could do at Road Atlanta so I may be interested in attending.

Road Atlanta is a blast in an SC, even at the track touring speeds. Usually the pace car is one of the Audi driving school cars. If everyone is keeping up, he'll get it up to a pretty good clip. I've gone through the esse's fast enough to feel like my kidney's were coming out the sides:)
I hope you can make it and look forward to meeting you.

Bill Clifton
Daspanka

Mike Puckett
09-08-2006, 10:30 AM
What day is the Track Touring event? Are you camping out there for the weekend?

Daspanka
09-09-2006, 04:57 AM
What day is the Track Touring event? Are you camping out there for the weekend?

The SVRA and HSR typically track tour during lunchtime each day of the event, including Friday. It's $30 for a single day, or they sell package deals for the weekend. When you get to the track, go to your right down the gravel road to the drivers registration building. You can buy tickets for touring there before you go through the gates to buy the event tickets. I'm going to try to come up Friday am and buy the weekend touring package. And will be camping the entire weekend. But, I would alter my Schedule if I can get some of the Alabama/ Western Ga guys to caravan down 411/Highway 20 to the track. Looks like it's me and you so far, and you're almost there already:)
If you haven't been before, the SVRA events have are very laid back events. You can walk all over the paddock, talk to the drivers and car owners and check out the cars up close.
There has been a 1994 Benetton F1 car there the last few events. Un-freakin' believably fast. And the 19,000 rpm howl of that thing is unreal.