95 5Spd swap questions/details not noticed in other write ups

Peterdroy66

OK, there are some very good write ups on the swap, however I have a few questions which I don't think are included, can people comment....

BTW - I removed the studs from my pedal bracket, and will use stainless bolts - it goes into place quite easily, I also figure I will use a 2" metal punch to make a nice clean hole in for the master.

1) What actually is the bolt and C - nut used vertically holding the bracket to the dash?

2) Are the bell housing bolts for the 4WR70 the same as the M5R2?

3) Is the tranny mount/crossmember (which holds the exhaust hangars) different auto to manual car? - is the exhaust different in this respect between a 95 auto car and manual?

4) I believe driveshafts for the 5 spd cars are all the same 89-95? - anybody confirm?

Pete

Peterdroy66 said:
OK, there are some very good write ups on the swap, however I have a few questions which I don't think are included, can people comment....

BTW - I removed the studs from my pedal bracket, and will use stainless bolts - it goes into place quite easily, I also figure I will use a 2" metal punch to make a nice clean hole in for the master.

1) What actually is the bolt and C - nut used vertically holding the bracket to the dash?

2) Are the bell housing bolts for the 4WR70 the same as the M5R2?

3) Is the tranny mount/crossmember (which holds the exhaust hangars) different auto to manual car? - is the exhaust different in this respect between a 95 auto car and manual?

4) I believe driveshafts for the 5 spd cars are all the same 89-95? - anybody confirm?

Pete

I know the driveshafts are different lengths. The manuals have a shorter driveshaft.

1. There should be a stud under your dash for the Vertical bolt holding the clutch pedal bracket to the dash.

2. Bolts are the same length, you can re-use your Bellhousing bolts

3. There are differences in the transmission crossmember, but a later model year like a 94/95 should have slotted hole for adjustment in the transmission mount.

4. Driveshaft lenghts are the same for all years with 5 speeds.

- Dan

95 5 speed trans????

so is there a 95 5 speed trans floating around? i need one to put in my 95 the 2nd gear syncro is going out and it grinds. let me know if i'm too late

thanks
cody

95 SCFan

I have a decent used one which I am preparing to use in my swap.
These are quite rare due to the ratios in 94/95 - you should just get yours repaired or rebuilt as required.

PR

Back