SHO owner drifting towards the dark side

ShoToonz

Hey y'all!
wavey.gif
I'm a proud owner of a couple of modded SHOs, but I came across an 89 SC that's for sale down the road from me. The body's not in the best of shape, but the interior is mint, the engine runs good (stock cept for Flowmasters), and it shifts beautifully. Best part is, it's only got 102,xxx on the clock. For $1200, I can't go wrong....so I'm gonna get it instead of N20 for my SHOs.

Now....I have very little experience with forced induction (the only experience I have is turbo'd military vehicles, and those don't count). What should I be looking for to be problem areas that need to be addressed? I'm pretty well mechanically inclined (of course...I own 2 SHOs), so I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty and I know the technical jargon. So give it to me straight....is this a good find?

Thanks much, and it's good to be here!!!!!

Congrats, once you get an SC you'll have a love/hate relationship with it. Luckily there is a site like this that can help you out with issues that will surely arrive. Areas to look out for that always seem to fail on these cars are as follows: Brake system(under the hood), head gaskets, if it's an automatic than the transmission can be an issue too, as well as sagging doors. Anytime you have an issue look on this site and there will be someone that has had the same problems. Good luck!!!

not the darkside..

welcome to the rear wheel drive, better platformed car side :p

well find out more of the car, like if headgaskets have been changed etc. cant tell you from not knowing the car if its a good find or not, but if its solid its solid.. just like any other car really.. these M90s are very durable and last a long time, so usually the forced induction side theres nothing to worry about. but i say USUALLY. use that at your own discretion.

it sucks starting from the bottom, but eventually you make it towards the top and you will be happier and happier you chose an SC.. ( for many reasons ) as it gets faster.

its got alot of great potential, and guys are constantly proving this.. just take a look around and read, read, and read some more.

if for any reason questions arise, ask us.

Ive been a part of this board for a while, from other MN12s ive owned, but ive owned an SC for a year, and been an active annoyance to other members, and I love it here, and I love my car. So within a year, i became hooked. :)

Lots of great guys in here that would love to help you out, so any questions at all can usually be answered. good luck

Welcome, I currently own two sho's (95 mtx and 95atx) They are really good cars, I chose to modify my SC over my SHO because of the front drive aspect of the sho. One thing you will miss is the high RPM's of the SHO it's nice to really wind those gears out upwards of 7000. I notice everytime that I get back into the SC that I am shifting a lot faster. A couple of years ago I almost bought a supercharged SHO(I'm glad that I didn't get it, two modifed cars would have been hell on repairs!) I think you will find quite a few old SHO owners on this site.

It sounds like a good find what can you buy for $1200? Sure it probably will need something but what 10-15 year old car doesn't?

shotbirdsc said:
Welcome, I currently own two sho's (95 mtx and 95atx) They are really good cars, I chose to modify my SC over my SHO because of the front drive aspect of the sho. One thing you will miss is the high RPM's of the SHO it's nice to really wind those gears out upwards of 7000. I notice everytime that I get back into the SC that I am shifting a lot faster. A couple of years ago I almost bought a supercharged SHO(I'm glad that I didn't get it, two modifed cars would have been hell on repairs!) I think you will find quite a few old SHO owners on this site.

It sounds like a good find what can you buy for $1200? Sure it probably will need something but what 10-15 year old car doesn't?

I'm an old sho owner and well if you could work on a sho you could manage an sc

Back