Crankshaft Position Sensor Gap ??

Ddubb

Does anybody know the proper amount of gap that is required between the hall effect ring and the Crankshaft position sensor ??

I am installing a BHJ Balancer on my 94 SC engine, and I cannot find any information in the Ford shop manual for the sensor. The only thing Ive come up with on a search of these forums is where somebody said to use a piece of cardboard form a cereal box to gap the sensor. Doesnt seem all that accurate, does anybody else know a better way to gap the sensor with feeler gauges or something ??

Thanks

- Dan

well alot of guys just use a matchbook man and it seems to work fine....i do the matchbook on magneto type ignitions,never failed me yet :p

Yeah now that I have it on, it doesnt look like there is very much room for adjustment .. as long as it doesnt hit the vanes it should be okay.

I had another question, does the balancer rest against the timing gear on the crankshaft ?? I believe I have it installed as far as it will go, the pointer on the timing cover is almost touching the balancer and the Crankshaft position sensor looks like its lined up with the ring. But there is still some area inside the balancer that doesnt completely sit on the crankshaft. Maybe im just being paranoid.

- Dan

Back