Need advice on 93 SC project

Hfire3

Hey guys! I'm new to the forums and I am waiting on my confirmation through pay-pal before I can post in the membership area. Here is my situation: I have a 93 SC w/AOD that has sat in a garage for 4 years due to mechanical problems.

Problem 1: When cranked, the car will idle very rough, start to buck (and sometimes stall) then surge up some rpms. I think it goes back and forth in around the 400-900rpm range. Put it in gear, turn the steering wheel, try to idle in and out of the garage to drive(slight incline), or put it under any kind of load, and the car will try to stall. It seems to be pulling between 8-12 vacuum when this is happening. What's wierd is that very rarely the car will start to run perfect for a few minutes then the gremlins return. If I disconnect the wire at the cam sensor, the car will run smoother and pulls a consistent 19 vac on the gauge. However, it still lacks substantial power and may stall if you put it in gear. I had the DIS checked at O'Reily's and they said the unit was bad. Could this be the problem or should I get a second opinion. From reading in the forums, I had been leaning toward the cam sensor. Tell me what you guys think.

Problem 2: Due to deposits, the radiator look like someone poured concrete in it. Plus, it has a leak. This is the second radiator for the car. I know there are some cooling issues(already replaced on set of HG's), so what are some of the after market options for the SC and your experiences with them. Do you see a problem if I install a new radiator, then have a bunch of junk come out of the coolant passages, or is this not a legitimate concern?

Problem 3: Due to the fact the car has sat (occasionally cranked every month or two) so long with the same gas, what kind of problems can I expect to encounter with the fuel system. Gummed up lines, rails, injectors? Or just pour some injector cleaner in and go about the other repairs?

Ooooohhh, there are more problems but this will get me started. Sorry I can't give any codes, but I don't trust driving it to a shop or mech. I have the radiator out of the car and all the belts off. If you can think of anything I should go ahead and address while I have access to the front of the engine, feel free to make a suggestion.

I know this is a long post, and I thank anyone with the patience to read it. If you take the time to reply, I will definitely read your what you have to say. no matter what your level of experience.

Thanks,

Jeff

Back