EGR setup

RVA75

I have a 90 SC 5 speed that I am putting a new motor in. My old motor had 230,000 on it so a buch of stuff is shot, like the entire EGR assembly. I got all the new parts/pieces all bolted up except there are a few lines (vacum I think) that need to be connected, but I have no idea on how or where? The manual I have isn't too descriptive on EGR stuff, so if some one has some pics of that area (I know its a tight spot) but any pics and advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys -Randy

Hmm, not much help but maybe this?

egrvalve2.jpg

Thanks, I do see something that helps, and as we know with these cars every little bit helps. On the EGR tube itself about half way up there is a nipple where some vacum line attaches (I think) but don't exactly know from where. Also under the little square electronic thing, there is also a nipple where somthing gets connected to. See on the motor that came out everything in that region that was plastic was melted, the EGR got so plugged up on the inside that the gases found a different route out and cooked everything around there. The car still ran (not very well) and I didn't realize the extent of damage until the motor was pulled. But whatever else you or anyone else knows is appreciated. -Randy

Back