Rebuilding Snout

darkstar_one

Dudes, how do you press out the rear bearing on the snout, i read the FAQ on it in the members section but all it says is PRESS OUT THE OLD REAR BEARING AND METAL thing... good advice for a FAQ! someone needs to re-write it... anywho.... anyone?

rear bearing comes out with shaft if ya want to remove rear bearing you have to press off the coupler drive "the thingy with 3 pins" then press off the bearing be for warned that some times the drive dont go on tight so use some locktight

Get a bearing knife (two pieced thing held together with two bolts). Insert the bearing knife between the pin drive and bearing, support from this, and using a 10mm deep socket, press the shaft out of the pin drive. This will allow you to press the pin drive off the shaft separately from the bearing. Then use the bearing knife to support the bearing while you press the shaft out of the bearing.

I've tried pressing both the bearing and pin drive in the past...and I was picking parts of the bearing out of my arm for about 20mins after it failed under the pressure. Remember...it's easier (read: less pressure) to press off/out one component at a time rather than do it all in one shot.

Back