cold air intake

scho1123

yesterday I put on the cold air intake on I recieved when I bought my sc, a couple weeks ago and now the check engine light is on...........

could be two things.

1. Did you plug the MAF sensor back in near the air filter?

2. May be a completely different problem. Get a code reader and tell us what codes you pull from the computer. Or take it to auto zone and find someone there who knows how to pull ford OBD-1 codes, if its a 90 it should have 2 digit codes. They will do this for free if they have someone who knows how to do it.

Tell me what you get and I'll help you more.

the car has a mass air flow sensor attached to the stock airbox lid. To install an intake system you must unbolt the 3 bolts from the lid and remove the sensor and put it inline with the filter and tubes. That is the mass air flow sensor. Without it the car will run like crap if at all and throw a check engine light.

If you look at mine you can see the MAF with the MAF Sensor in blue..it must go in line with the CAI you can't eliminate it...or like Scott says...crap...;)

Attachments

• football 017.jpg
    football 017.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 161
Crash00527 said:
whats a good CAI for a 95 SC?
They're all good and they all do the job. It just depends on what else you may be doing and how it fits into the new configuration of the engine. Is this the first mod to the engine? Have you changed anything else? What is it you are looking to accomplish?

Ira

Last edited:
nothing crazy. i see that are there are 4 major brands of cai. just wanted to kmow the best one. i think im going with the magnum or maybe the mac? i just want a great cai and a 76mm maf? induction wise for now. anyone make a bigger maf for the 95 SC? thanx

Sweet90SC said:
If you look at mine you can see the MAF with the MAF Sensor in blue..it must go in line with the CAI you can't eliminate it...or like Scott says...crap...;)

Did you paint those electronics Scott?

Crash00527 said:
whats a good CAI for a 95 SC?

This is a good cost effective cold air intake for a 94/5 SC. Pull your air silencer out, take the short black curved tube inside the silencer out, put a 9" K&N conical filter on the end of it and secure it with a clamp. Toss the silencer.:) Bolt the tube and filter back up to the air box, (that piece is what held the air silencer on anyway). Take your original panel filter, cut all the filter material out leaving the rubber square in tact. Use the rubber square to seal the airbox as it did in the first place. Then get rid of factory rubber tube between your MAF and throttle body and replace it with a tube of your choice...3" i.d. or bigger would be good. The 9" cone filter will just fit inside the wheel well and this setup will yeild all the cold air you'll need and be alot less restrictive than the fatory setup plus look stock which I prefer. It will also increase the sound of your intake quite a bit.

I've ran this setup on both of my SC's for quite a few years now and it works very well.:) I don't know if this setup will work with earlier model SC's because the air silencer design may be different than that of a 94/5 SC.

Last edited:
wont work on earlier birds

actually made me want to look for that piece off of a 94/95 sc. to look stock, and yet have all the benifits of a sweet ~~~ intake ie, throttle response, and a nice upgraded blower whine, and maybe better mileage!

and the whole not getting cited for illegal intake, or an intake not approved by carb

Back