Did anyone go see this SC yet???

Bruce

Midnight blue is nice.
There is NO such thing as Red on BLACK interior for 94/95 - why the early wheels on the 94? Doesn't say mileage or transmission. For $8100 would have to be low mileage - but usually no mileage means high mileage - but then anything is high for me :).
hmmmm - a winter beater?
I've been considering leasebusters to find a winter car Dec - Mar....
Pete

Payton,
No. Every now and then I just have a peek of what's available locally in Ontario. If I brought another SC home, I'd have to expand the garage to which would now be my full time home. I would be fed a 5:00 in a bowl on the deck.

Peter,
Do you think those are early rims? Kinda looks like it, but it is also a horrible angle for that car. Older car collector. I would suggest that car is ultra clean and has a grey interior.

Bruce

It is red with grey. 120,000kms. HG, rad and starter replaced at 5000kms by FORD. Guy is second owner. PM me if you want some pics. Its a beautiful machine. God, I hate being poor!!!!!!

sumzxr7 said:
Thats a nice and clean SC.....a little pricy, but its clean......

$7-8K for an ultra clean late model all original SC is not out of line. I'll suggest many in here have at least that invested in their rides.......

I'm glad it's so far from me. My wife is gladder........:)

Bruce

HoseHead said:
$7-8K for an ultra clean late model all original SC is not out of line. I'll suggest many in here have at least that invested in their rides.......

I'm glad it's so far from me. My wife is gladder........:)

Bruce

I agree...but there isn't a big market for the SCs, and it would be really hard to get that kind of money for one.

I mean, someone who pays 8gs for that car will appreciate it for what it is..to the avg car buyer its overpriced..but to SC lovers its fair..dont get me wrong, i think that its in great shape....and if I really wanted it, I would buy it..but thats because I appereciate these cars..

From what I have seen on these forums over the years is that SC lovers want cheap SCs, that they will end up fixing later on....they however do not want to shell out top dollar for a good quality SC that will be cheaper in the long run to operate and purchase.

There was a 90 forsale at the swap meet last weekend and the guy was asking $12.500. Now it only had 134 000 km but there was nothing that made it stand out The paint looked aged as well someone add a black and a big old fox body wing there was no mods other then that.

All we got to hope is that people get that price then it helps us.

I spoke with this gentleman at length. He has a full history on the car. I am sure it is all he said. That price is to me, no where near unreasonable for an inmolested S/C that has had the H/G done/ new rad etc at 5000kms. I just hope she goes to a good home and stays the way she is.
I tried to get to your site thru the link, didnt work, so thought i would repost.
http://web.295.ca/~dunsmore/Pages Autos/Super Coupes/Windsor FS/windsor_pages.htm

Last edited:
Yes Bruce

Hmm Talk to your wife do partial trade on the black 5 spd with no airbags??
If your 93 was red, I might have suggested this a few weeks ago.

Been wondering of late if - instead of the 5 Spd swap - I should part with the Blue one, get an LS 5 Spd as my 'primary' car (4 doors, 2 kids...) and pick up a toy 89-93 5Spd sc as a 'special interest' insured car.

Always the trick finding the buyer who would be interested enough to pay up to a FAIR price for it.

Been dabbling, posted a wttrade add on forumns - no replys - just joined an LS forum to try the same.

I'm not compelled on the LS, but it does have 4 doors, RWD, and there are a few 5Spds around

Pete

Pete, I was looking at the LS when I sold my SC and my primary 1996 Acoord and the 2003 LS and up, are a lot better (build wise) then the olders ones as Lincoln did some changes.....i am not to sure if the 5spds were still made in 2003, as it only came with the 3.0L Duratech if memory serves me correctly...

I saw a nice light bluish one with navi for 19,900 with 50K on it..but it was auto and had the 3.9V8...i liked it, but the rear wheel drive was the kicker, as I wanted a everyday car (good in snow) elected to stick with Honda (2003 V6 - Accord), as I never had any issues with my old 400K 96 Accord..

The Lexus IS300 is also a fair comparision...solid car....a lot more refined..u can get a used 03 for 23Gs 70K....but its a lot smaller in the rear compared to the LS.....good for small kids...not much space for adluts..

Last edited:
Peterdroy66 said:
Hmm Talk to your wife do partial trade on the black 5 spd with no airbags??

It took me 2 years to find it. My dream machine realized. Unload my '93?? Only if I'm in a pine box!! :D
Hopefully my wife doesn't read this post, as she is quite capable of exercising that requirement. At that time, perhaps she could include her Mother with the car. Then you'd have a nice SC AND Canada's most prolific airbag.

Bruce

BTW - I left Doug a VM this morning, but haven't heard back as yet. Standby.......

Back