car still bucking badly

x182dan

Now it has gotten worse that it was before. Today as I left for work letting the car idle for 30secs before I felt. As soon as I got my foot off the clutch the car fell flight on its face. Rev'd down to nothing I tried to get it to come back up by flooring it but that just made it worse. I then quickly revved it in neutral as to give it a little kick in the butt and that seemed to work it atleast moved now but still boggs. What could this be? It seems like my SHO had the same problem as my SC with the cold starting. This was the first time the sc has really seen a cold start as it was around 40degrees this morning. What could it be? Is my dis,cam,crank sensor going on me?

update the vac is around 18at idle and it bounces a little at idle. Does that seem a little low?

After changing the DIS, Cam sensor, Crank sensor, my 90 still did the same bucking. Even started to die out.
I finally took the wire connectors off the above pieces, the section that runs under the SC had two wired eaten almost all the way through.
Spliced some good wire wrapped them all in electrical tape, so far so good.

well I just put the egr gasket on tonite and so far it seems better but it still seems to be holding back a bit. Tomorrow morning when the car is stone cold will be the real test

still bucking a little. I pulled a spark plug because I had to do the powersteering pump so I was right there so I just pulled it let me know how it looks

Tazer999 said:
How's the balancer

it doesnt wobble but I do however get a weird knocking noise sometimes. I changed one of the idlers but it still knocks only does it once and a while though i have no idea what that is but the noise never seemed to matter before on how the car peformed

rmsuper said:
After changing the DIS, Cam sensor, Crank sensor, my 90 still did the same bucking. Even started to die out.
I finally took the wire connectors off the above pieces, the section that runs under the SC had two wired eaten almost all the way through.
Spliced some good wire wrapped them all in electrical tape, so far so good.

:eek: Change the plugs and wires already. :rolleyes:

update once again. the car is running horrible now. I started it in the morning when it was stone cold the car wouldn't run unless I kept it alive with gas. When I left the car would buck horribly at anything under 2grand, I had to pop the clutch to get it over 2grand so the car would actually move. It would get stuck under 2grand and just buck not moving really and the rpms wouldn't pick up at all until i popped the clutch to get it over 2grand. Whats up with this? I really don't want to start buying every part it could be. Sould I start with a coil pack?

From what your describing it sounds ignition related.

Can you please list everything you have already done or checked since the car first started running bad. Did it just start running bad one day for no apparent reason or was it in connection with something you did to the car ?

David

I had a problem like what you have on my 99 Dakota. It only did it when the engine was cold. Replacing the O2 sensor resolved the problem.

I believe it started running bad after a day at the track for him.

I believe its ignition related as well...I also had a sim problem when I had low fuel pressure

If the engine isn't throwing any codes, then it's time to stop guessing and start trying to narrow it down one thing at a time. Start with the basics; plugs, wires and fuel filter.

Ira

well whatever it is the car has been acting worse when its cold it won't idle now when its stone cold but if i play with it for a few minutes it will idle fine and drive fine but still lack of power. If it was say a dis or a coil wouldnt be be a 24/7 type thing?

Dan I may have a coil for you if ya wanna make a pizza trip..And I know its good.>Also check your ACT sensor on teh inlet plenum..When they go haywire they can make yoru car rich as well..However I doubt what your seeing

simillar happened to me...

It could be the battery terminals being corroded.
When Mine was cold it owuld lite the interior, but not start cold, at all, it would just go dead....Now if the battery connections are good, but your alternator is bad, that will cause a symptom like that.
Anyway if you have swap parts I'd try the alternator....
good luck,

paul

Sounds like the same problems I had whenever my DIS module went bad. I used some dielectric grease and it made the problem worse. Don't use anything other than heat sink compound. When it was bad it sounded exactly as if a fuel injector was unplugged.

If that isn't the problem then check the fuel filter and fuel pressure.

My 90 did that last year

Last July my 90 did that too right after I went to a 10% pulley. It bucked and shook like a 67 out of time Chevy Nova with a strait 6 running on 4. I don't have a solution for you but, I tore my entire blower system, fuel, and injection system off of my motor and sealed everything up with new gaskets and o-rings. I also replaced any questionable sensors and hoses. I also did a compression, fuel and vacuum system check out. While I had it tore down I put in new set of NGK plugs and Taylor wires, under drive pulley set, and rewrapped the wire harnesses. Once I got it all back together it ran better then it ever has. It’s been 14 months now and no reoccurrence.
If you want to cut some corners, try your plugs first and if it resolves the problem I'd look deeper for a leaking vacuum source or something else that would make it run richer. The tear down doesn't take that long if you got a few days to goof off. Mine was down for 3 weeks because I was waiting for it to stop raining and parts transit issues.
Good luck...

Back